So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing up a simple Belgian Dubbel this afternoon.

Transferring a Belgian Dark Strong Ale to secondary.

Pitching the Dubbel on top of part of the yeast cake left from the BDSA.

Should have some friends around to make it an even more enjoyable day.

I brewed my summer wheat today. I was a little disappointed though. My boil off rate was higher than usual so I had to top off with about a quart of water. I'm sure it will still be delicious though.

Got my hefe batch brewed! The biggest thing I learned? I need to get my keg cut for a boil pot, and I need to buy a damn NG or propane burner. Using a 3gal pot on an electric stove sucks balls....

I got everything all set to brew NB's all grain smashing pumpkin ale tomorrow. Also have 60oz of pumpkin to use in the mash. Excited!

Just started the mash on an Octoberfest. I know it's quite late to be brewing it, but this is the first opportunity i've had to brew in a while. It's only my second lager, but I learned a lot from the last one. Made a huge starter earlier in the week, and i've got the fermentation chamber ready to go.

Just finished up brewing NB's Smashing Pumpkin Ale, pitched the yeast and now it's in the fermenter. I'll let it ferment out for 8 days or so and check gravity. OG ended up ebing 1.060. Used 60oz of baked pumpkin with a bit of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in the mash. Here's some photos from today:

527360_633523357635_168191398_n.jpg

548973_633533941425_2127680609_n.jpg

385469_633547020215_1034939983_n.jpg

Super happy with the color so far and it smelled amazing in the mash tun. It was very pumpkin like for the first runnings so I have high hopes for this one!

Brewed up a wheat saison with Brett, should be interesting to see what flavors the white labs farmhouse ale blend gives off.

Didn't get to brew this weekend but I just got 10 gallons of kolsch into the fermentor. It was a great brewing session until I turned my pump on to recirculate the wort through a CFC back to the kettle. Nothing happened, the pump is dead. So I had to find, rewire and sanitize my old March pump. Wasted close to an hour but finally got it into the fermentor at 58F.

Hopefully brewing another batch of the ProtoPorter this weekend. Was too busy, then too hungover last weekend.

I'm in the last few minutes of the boil for my Fuller's ESB clone that I didn't get to this weekend.

I might make a 1.X% Root Beer this weekend...

I have this herb place around the corner that stocks all the goods including sassafras!

I'm going with

sassafras bark
sarsaparilla bark
wild cherry bark
ginger root
wintergreen leaf

and possibly some bittering hops

Definitely going to try and swing a double brew weekend. I know I am doing a Belgian pale ale Friday evening, but I am going to try and wake up early enough to start an Oatmeal Stout before SWMBO wakes up. Once I start, she can't make me stop. Haha...it's so crazy it just might work.

I'll be brewing NB's Phat Tyre kit this weekend, along with a 2.5gal batch of BM's centennial blonde recipe. I'll probably throw together another batch of apfelwein as well since UPS delivered my new 5 gallon fermenters yesterday.

Might actually get around to that Belgian Blonde, but regardless this weekend is a kegging weeking, both my Witbier and Altbier clones are cold crashing in the fridge awaiting a new home and pressure.

Girlfriend is working on Sunday. I will at least be brewing one batch, centennial blonde. Next weekend my 4 tap keezer will be full for the first time. :ban:

Brewing today. Yeah, I know it's not the weekend, but I'm on vacation til school starts back up. Trying to get a bunch of beers in before then.

About to sparge a pale ale recipe I came up with using 10# 2-row, some Victory, some light Crystal, and Warrior and Columbus hops throughout. Using Wyeast 1272 for the first time, too. Cheers! :mug:

Brewing a Dunkelweizen right now. Going to try and brew an IPA on Sunday, using Amarillo, Citra, and Motueka hops. I last brewed about a month ago, so it's time to fill those primaries.

My brother in law is coming from out of town. Taking a half day tomorrow to brew the Caribou Slobber from NB with him.

Brewing tomorrow. My fiance is demanding that the next beer I brew be a vanilla porter of some kind, so Im gonna do a Vanilla Bean English Brown Porter.

What do you think??
7.5# Maris Otter
4# English Pale Malt
2.5# Brown Malt
8 oz. Black Patent
4 oz. Flaked Wheat
1.5 oz Fuggles @60
.5 oz Fuggles @5
WLP002
2 Fresh Vanilla Beans scraped and chopped in secondary (maybe 7-10 days)

Back