Explosion!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
Good news is that I spent the night at the phillies game. Bad news came from my wife via text message that my coffee stout exploded! Here are the pictures everyone always asks for.

image-3683528327.jpg

image-1643979539.jpg

this my friends is why I use a blow off tube on EVERY batch I brew no matter what

-=Jason=-

At least you don't have to worry that you fermentation hasn't started yet....? I'd be scared my SWMBO would kill off my brewing after something like that

Why is it that this kind of stuff ALWAYS happens when the SWMBO is home alone with your brew???? After you get done cleaning up the mess and swearing to always use a blow off in the future I would suggest a night out with her for her great patience and undestanding of your obsession!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! She actually laughed about it. Homebrew has brought us closer.

I use buckets.

I've had the blow-off tube fill up with crud and cause the lid to pop off. Yeasty foam EVERYWHERE.

Probably should has used two vessels for that big brew. Slapped the lid back on with a new blow-off, bottled it, turned out fine!

Dok said:
Sorry about the beer. Sorry about that series. Go Cards

We weren't worried about the series. We think they were still hung over from the celebration.

Now I am a big fab of the blow off set up.

Mindhop said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! She actually laughed about it. Homebrew has brought us closer.

So nice to hear. Today my wife is at home swirling my Wyeast 1028 starter every time she walks by.

Back