Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty darn good to me d20636. I like the emblem centered in the taps.
Thanks - I was going to paint it white and had a wild thought of inlaying a belt buckle - so I stained instead. My Clemson friends say a Tiger Paw would look better - but they won't turn down a beer either. :D

(Already had it's first mishap - the 14 yr old manchild was looking inside and let the lid down too quick - have to adjust the hinge spring soon. 2 taps are hooked up - and 2 taps opened up on him! :D The garage is quite aromatic right now!)

- Bob

Here is my through the wall project, just about done....(isnt that what we all say)
The full size fridge I used is on the other side of the wall about 4 feet away. Ran the lines and here it is. You dont know how honored I am to post these photos here. There have been some amazing projects!
0002-1.jpeg

0005.jpeg

0003.jpeg

Looks nice Dan, a very stealthy and unobtrusive approach! I wish my kitchen or den shared a wall with my garage, I would definitely do something very much like this.

Are the lines insulated?

Looks nice Dan, a very stealthy and unobtrusive approach! I wish my kitchen or den shared a wall with my garage, I would definitely do something very much like this.

Are the lines insulated?

Thanks, yes they are run in dryer venting and wrapped in insulation. Seems to work well. Never have warm beer foaming problems. We will see what happens in the winter when it is 80 down there.

im very jelous of the perlicks.....:( Next pay check maybe but damn there steep. Nice job with the wall mount. I dont know of anyone who has anything like that so kudos!

Another 4912 completed. Just threw the tower on last night after dealing with picnic taps for a year:

kegerator.jpg

In about a month or so, I'm going to convert my chest freezer so I can fit one more carboy on the shelf and have some taps on the side.
:mug:

CIMG3615.JPG

Here's my completed keezer - A Holiday 5.0 cu ft from Lowes - Built to match the in wall bar adjacent to it in the basement

CIMG3616.JPG

Currently a Brown Ale, Black Lager, and a Double IPA on tap.

Don't know what I would have done without this forum, Figured its about time to come out of lurk mode and post some pics of my keezer. I just added the collar and perlicks this weekend. much nicer than my old picnic tap setup :)

IMG_01012.JPG

IMG_01062.JPG

IMG_01081.JPG

The second tap has been hooked up since these pics were taken

Cheers

I'm trying to think; what's the appropriate penalty for the Miller High Life in the keezer? I mean, no self-respecting homebrewer...
...and if he did, certainly it's some form of blastphemy to keep it in the keezer...

Well, he needs some beer for the friends and relatives that come over and have no taste buds. Also, I hear you can feed it to your dog. ;)

Nothing special to look at but when you consider a frosty pint is always at your finger tips then surely this is to the beer lover what the Holy Grail was to King Arthur. As for the CO2 lines, red for force carbing and blue for pushing. Also, moving the tank outside makes more room for beer inside! :D

SWMBO gave me the green light two years ago to convert the spare fridge and I've not looked back. Eventually the chest freezer in the garage that's currently being used for fermenting will be moved inside and converted to a 3 faucet keezer!

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

beer3.jpg

I spent countless hours looking at all the posts in this thread while planning my kegerator, so I had to post mine!

kegerator.jpg

The fridge is so huge it can fit 5 kegs + 20# tank ;)

tapf.jpg

And this is the custom tap handle my beloved GF got me for christmas! Lucky me! Merci bébé!

DSC01446.JPG

DSC014431.JPG

DSC01445.JPG

Its not complete, but I finally have a kegerator. Best Buy just started carrying these. I had to bend the small freezer compartment on top, but it fits two cornies snugly. Its been a long time coming...

I'm thinking of going through the door for the faucets instead of a tower.

:ban:

nothing special, just a spare fridge turned kegorator. I built it to dispense commercial kegs before i started homebrewing. Its in my garage and is great for when i'm in there doing work on my car...and is only about 10 steps from the living room.

0119092053.jpg

0803081157.jpg

i can't decide if i want to move the co2 tank outside and add more shanks to it, or if i want to build a keezer.

nothing special, just a spare fridge turned kegorator. I built it to dispense commercial kegs before i started homebrewing. Its in my garage and is great for when i'm in there doing work on my car...and is only about 10 steps from the living room.

OMG, Pedo bear on your fridge!

How does the fridge handle the hot summers? When we lived there we had a freezer out there but we ended up turning it off because it ran almost non-stop.

OMG, Pedo bear on your fridge!

How does the fridge handle the hot summers? When we lived there we had a freezer out there but we ended up turning it off because it ran almost non-stop.

so far so good. i've been running it since july and it hasn't been a problem.

I was thinking the same thing, haha!

pedo bear approves ;)

nice lil spot u got there dionysos..

you fitted two cornies in that fridge? nice.. I got the same fridge but with the stupid freezer compartment and not even one will fit..

if you get a chance take a pic with the door open I'm curious.. ;)

nice lil spot u got there dionysos..

you fitted two cornies in that fridge? nice.. I got the same fridge but with the stupid freezer compartment and not even one will fit..

if you get a chance take a pic with the door open I'm curious.. ;)

That fridge is the sanyo 4912 so no freezer compartment. It popped up on craigslist so I was all over it. I'll get a door open pic up soon. I gotta say, I love having beer on tap in my apt.

Here is my second sanyo conversion. I got it off of craigslist which is why there is a ding in the door. I am going to put a stout faucet on the old one.
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

I think I am going to get some more kegs.

I started with a GE 4.3 CFT refrigerator. I couldn't move that freezer section out of the way, so I unscrewed it, pushed it to the roof and wired it into place by hanging it from the original mounting holes. The blue stuff is high tech temperature stabilization fluid.

2323232327Ffp53692nu3389848837WSNRC.jpg

Great minds are thinking alike ;) Mine is very similar but I went for a more "floating" approach. Kind of hard to see in the pix but the tray is about 3" away from the fridge door. There are setscrews underneath that fix the tray in place so it can be easily removed for cleaning.

-Joe

added the drip tray :)

What kind of adhesive are you guys using to hold the wood to the fridge/freezer?

I'm not using adhesive at all. I sunk a picture hanger into the wood - the kind with a keyhole shape on it - and put sheet metal screws in the door. The tray "hangs" on the screws.

-Joe

0119092053.jpg

0803081157.jpg

i can't decide if i want to move the co2 tank outside and add more shanks to it, or if i want to build a keezer.

Where did you get the pedobear sticker?!?!

Back