grain in MD v 20000000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i went through it, there was a calculation error, i cant figure out what rpfuror is seing though... maybe its the same one? i duno. I woke up from a nap and im irritable now :) i have updated the first post!

also just a heads up... if anyone wants a bag of TF MO I got one last time, figuring someone would need an extra bag, and no one needed it, but i NEVER use MO... so that is available as well :)

i went through it, there was a calculation error, i cant figure out what rpfuror is seing though... maybe its the same one? i duno. I woke up from a nap and im irritable now :) i have updated the first post!

Math is dead on now ;) Your calculations match mine exactly....

Now for the grain..

that will be aroudn next week! yay grain!

i weighed out 48 lbs of pils today.... yay brewing a doubel and tripel same day :D

also just a heads up... if anyone wants a bag of TF MO I got one last time, figuring someone would need an extra bag, and no one needed it, but i NEVER use MO... so that is available as well :)

I could probably use that Stefin, how much?

Thanks Claphamsa for updating the spreadsheet! I am soooo excited for this grain!!! I am just starting to delve into 10 gallon batches.

JBay and I are splitting the bag of Wheat. If he is able to pick up first, he is going to grab half of the bag and leave half of the cash. Hopefully, however, we will be able to get there at the same time.

All,

I have some hops that I would either like to trade, or sell. I have pellet Northern Brewer and Saaz. Both are a pound.

I am looking for Nugget, Amarillo, Palisade, Summit or Simcoe whole leaf hops, if anyone has any. I would also willing to trade these for something other than hops.. Maybe Candi Sugar or something...

Perfect. Swap a pound for a pound? What is the AA on the Nugget? Would you be willing to trade Candi Sugar for the Northern Brewer?

sounds good.

Cool. Do you have scales at your house (for the hops and for the grain that I will be splitting with Jbay)? Also, do you prefer cash or check for the grain? Has Jbay told you when he is stopping by? Do you mind holding on to mine until Friday afternoon or Saturday morning?

fun unloading grain... at least its not hot or humid yet :)
also if everyone can at least suggest pickup times... that woudl be great. looks like i have one for tuesday night and one for thursday night...

If any of the Frederick people have a truck, I'd be happy to go with you to help pick up. I've only got a small hatchback. I work from home and can usually get away during the day if that works.

just a note... I only have every other monday off... so Im rarely home, I have left grain on the porch before.. and that worked fine. just an FYI

If any of the Frederick people have a truck, I'd be happy to go with you to help pick up. I've only got a small hatchback. I work from home and can usually get away during the day if that works.

I have a jeep that can haul our grain....

Let me know when your free and we can set something up.

PM me and I shot you my e-mail and #

I'm probably going to pickup grain this week. Anyone in Frederick want me to pickup their grain?

Stefin,
Awesome news on the grain showing up. Do you mind if I swing by this Saturday morning, around 10ish, to pick up the grains? I would come by sooner, but I did something to my neck/shoulder and am taking muscle relaxers to reduce the inflammation. I figure by Saturday I should be fine to carry 50# bags of grain, but until then I risk re-injuring myself. I'll pm you for your home addy later on tonight.

Redskinnfan, I am fine with whatever plan you want to commit to, ie. pick up your grains before me and leave my portion aside or met up together and split it there. I have enough buckets for my grains, so if you don't have any vessels for the grains, then I can fill up my bucket and you can run with the grain bag.....but I'm open to any idea/suggestion you got.

Cheers
J:fro:

I am gonna have to come either tomorrow or Wednesday. I am on daddy duty this weekend. Stefin, what time did you say you get home? 7pm?

JBay, I will go ahead and pick up my grain tomorrow or Wednesday and leave the other half for you. I have buckets too, so I am good.

Awesome, that works for me Reddskinnfan! I believe then that the $ for half a bag of wheat is $16.04, correct?

Incidentally, what did you use to make your spiced orange witbier? It sounds tasty.

Cheers
J

Awesome, that works for me Reddskinnfan! I believe then that the $ for half a bag of wheat is $16.04, correct?

Incidentally, what did you use to make your spiced orange witbier? It sounds tasty.

Cheers
J

5 lbs Pilsner Malt
4 lbs White Wheat Malt
1 lbs Munich Malt

.50 oz Hallertau - 60 min
.50 oz Tettnang - 60 min

1 oz Bitter Orange Peel - 15 min
1 oz Sweet Orange Peel - 10 min
1 oz Crushed Coriander - 5 min

White Labs - Hefeweizen IV (3 qt starter)

Fermentation temp was 68*

Nice citrus/spicey flavor. Try it and let me know what you think!

yeah, i get home around 7... i will not be home at all wednesday. so tuesday thirsday friday or weekend.

I will need to come tonight. What time should I arrive? I will bring the Saaz for you, and a bucket or two for the Wheat that JBay and I are splitting. I have a pound of the Saaz. Would you be willing to trade some Candi Sugar for the other 1/2 pound?

Back