Tips on a Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruinNVermont

Reaction score
My Girlfriend is becoming a a home brewing genius and I am happily along for the ride!

She has made a few wines and beers and I'm looking into buying her a keg for her birthday. I'm looking at buying her a used pepsi keg (found @ keg connection here ) and I just want to check in with some other hobbyist (that's you) and make sure that it is a good deal. Any things I should know before going forward?

that is the same place i got my kit. i got the two keg kit but the one keg kits is a good one. i would get some keg lube with it though its soly 2 bucks and you might need it to get a good seal on the keg

looks to be a good deal to me. Also looks like you get some good freebies if you order soon (replacement o-rings, starsan, bottle opener)

Make sure that you have a local place to fill the CO2 without an exchange, otherwise you might be better off getting a tank locally that is used. Nothing worse than turning in a new shiny tank and getting a beat up one in exchange.

Make sure that you have a local place to fill the CO2 without an exchange, otherwise you might be better off getting a tank locally that is used. Nothing worse than turning in a new shiny tank and getting a beat up one in exchange.

My first exchange I did find something worse. I traded in my shiny new aluminum one and for another nice looking aluminum one. The catch, it wouldn't fit in my mini fridge kegerator because its a few inches taller then the other one.

Back