bubbling rate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drvodka

Reaction score
hey everyone, first post on here
my first bacth of beer has been brewed and has been bubbling away for a couple of days in the primary quite happily (well actually it was a slow starter - 48hrs to get going), I was just wondering what an acceptable rate of bubbling is? It's all well and good to say it is bubbling, but surely quicker bubbling means more rapid fermentation? Mine's going along at about a bubble every second or two. Is this quick/slow/normal?
now for the longest month of my life......

Sounds good (normal). Relax and have a brew. It will slow down in about a day or two. I typically rack to secondary after about 5-7 days. At that point the airlock is clicking about once every 60 seconds.

However, I should add, that I watched my airlock constantly when I first started brewing last May. Also, I couldn't last the full month, I drank a few after two days in the bottle. :D

As long as its bubbling, and/or it puts on a kreautsen, you're good to go. You might want to take steps to decrease your lag time, though.

Back