Teaching my college students

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fergsbrew

Reaction score
I am teaching a class for my students and were doing brewing / fermentation so we can study the processes of fermentation.

Looking for some slightly used equipment.

Who ever donates has the right to beer that is brewed up.

As not all my students in class are 21.

Shipping will be covered by myself or school.

I will post Pictures of time line in this thread.

Any help would be great.

You can't be upset that nobody wants to give away slightly used equipment in exchange for experimental homebrew.
Buying a starter kit from a shop and doing BIAB will probably cost the same as shipping a bunch of brew across the country. Plus, you'll have all you need to continue brewing.

i want to thank every one who helped out that was no one.

Maybe if you would have given a little more info you might have gotten a few responses. Just asking for donations without something as simple as a location or the name of the college is not going to get a lot of responses.

Also it is your first post so you have not gained a lot of respect yet.

Fergsbrew, it sounds like you're teaching at college or community college level if even some of your students are over 21. I'm sure you could find lots of equipment in the biology and chemistry departments that could be repurposed for brewing, assuming they're pretty clean.

I had a brewery in my town let us use there lab. I would not be able to keep equipment it would have become school property. There's a lot of politics in using school chemistry equipment due to chemicals used in them could be unsafe. I will post pics of our journey.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks for everyone's input I should have reached out local first. I live in An Arbor mich so it was a brain fart not to ask.

If people would be a bit more open to talking I would have. The school gave me 5k to spend if I would have put that in post people could have been scaming me.

Why are you asking for handouts when you have $5k to spend? It is deceiving to ask for a handout (a handout in a specified condition no less) when the school has given you money to spend on equipment, without mention of this. It sounds like you are the one doing the scamming. Basic brewing equipment is pretty cheap (especially considering your budget) if you'd take five minutes to do very minimal research on it.

Then being pissy when nobody offers you up free equipment (with no posting history) is just icing on the cake.

Based on your posts, I don't believe for a minute your a teachers aide let alone a professor. Sorry... But I call shenanigans.

If you would have offered then we would have given you a donation for you generosity. This is turning in to an after the fact conversation. I believe you all may have taken it the wrong way.

This was to try and show the brother hood of home brewing. Thanks to the people who pm'd me and there offers and there knowledge.

Please do not post rude comments on here this is to be used in class.

This was to try and show the brother hood of home brewing. Thanks to the people who pm'd me and there offers and there knowledge.

Your the one that copped an attitude first. This place is filled with awesome people, and usually people are very helpful. That being said is it common practice for you to act like a dick in places your not well known?

Dude, I have found some of the most helpful people in the world on this forum but when you come on like an entitled jackass, you shouldn't be surprised when you're treated like one.

You might be a decent fellow in person but I wouldn't be inclined to help based on those first posts.

Not that I actually believe you're a professor for one minute... But if by the off chance you may be, let me give you a piece of advice. Don't show this to your class. This entire thread makes you look like a ******.

I thought this project was to study the process of fermentation. Are you a biology or psychology professor?

Please remember that in Michigan, it is illegal to brew beer (or wine, or cider) if someone is under the age of 21.

You may not be arrested for contributing to the delinquency of minors, but even so please do not use our forum for donations for illegal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back