Anyone got a tried and true house Ale??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdwalter

Reaction score
Looking for a good Bitter/Brown/Easy drinkin' Ale recipe that has stood the test of Non-homebrewers. Something 3.5-5.0% ABV that is full of flavor and not extremely light on body. Something smooth that will hold a head till the end.

Any recommendations?

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try. I've heard bad things about fermented brown sugar through. I wonder if I could just amp up the grains to get a higher OG. Any notes related to the character imparted from the Brown Sugar? I've never used it in beer before.

I just kegged a nut brown this weekend. The samples tasted wonderful. Should start tasting really great in another week or so.

My brown ale, although I don't brew it nearly as much as I should (or anything else lately for that matter). It's on my recipe list. Won the category in the last HBT contest.

I haven't noticed any off flavors in this batch yet -- it's almost been two months in the bottle and almost gone. Curious what dangers you've heard about brown sugar, a few recipes I've been working on use it, and I'd like to know if it's going to cause problems…

Back