What do you guys think of this starter kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay: Pressure Barrel - Finishes the fermenting process then stores and dispenses the beer

So it's like a plastic keg, I guess. I tried corn sugar carbonating in a Coors party pig once. Turned out over pressured and foamy. That was my whacked out black licorice candy beer though, so... :cross:

But yeah, you could make beer in that. I'd use the "Pressure Barrel" as a secondary. Or use it as a bottling bucket since it has a spigot. At least the first time. Once you get a good brew made, then you can try it as a plastic keg.

No capper or caps, I don't know about that dispensing thing. I'm not sure of the quality of the plastic, be careful cleaning it, you'll want to avoid scratching it. I didn't convert the price to US dollars, so I can't tell if that's a good value. It will make beer though.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking about just seeing if I can make a drinkable beer and enjoy it before investing more. I want to get a corny keg setup if this goes well.

Back