Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Brolly. Just picked him up from the breeder yesterday. He's a Doberman Pinscher and he'll be 11 weeks old on Tuesday. I'm sure you homebrewers can figure out the significance of his name. :D

D7K_5029.jpg

I remember posting my dobie's ears, it was a pain in the ass. good luck!!

Oh yeah, my dog Snoop burps everytime he pounds his bowl of water. And he always has his softball sized green ball in his mouth so it echoes and sounds deeper than any of my burps, haha!

My dog looks pathetic right now. He's wearing his Cone of Shame.

Photo844.jpg

He's had a growth/cyst on his tail for years. We'd have it drained about once a year, but this last time it couldn't be drained, it was too filled with junk. Been starting to bother (he never paid any attention before), he's been gnawing on it. Put him on antibiotics to see if it would get better, but in the meantime he must have bit down on it too hard, as it burst. So now, he's got to get half his tail amputated, first thing tomorrow.

Pretty sure he's secure enough in his dogulinity where he can handle having a short tail.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know my blade sure didn't enjoy the cone of shame, though we actually changed the name to "Cone of Destruction" as he kept getting caught on things and his theory was "push harder"

Here's a pic of him in all his glory:

CIMG5430.JPG

"Really dad? Is this really necessary?"

This is Dr. Truman

He enjoys eating spent grain, helping me brew, and hogging the pillows.

2011-04-08_07-51-13_981 (1).jpg

This is Penny, we adopted her a week before turkey day '11 from the local humane society. She was described as a Shiba Inu mix, but we have no idea what she is mixed with cause if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck.

image-118607584.jpg

Here's Molly our Border Colllie: Pups (11 yrs ago) and more recent. Borders are so dang smart it's comical.

Molly Puppy.jpg

Time to Jump.jpg

Here's Molly our Border Colllie: Pups (11 yrs ago) and more recent. Borders are so dang smart it's comical.

So true! My dog Pepper is a rescue Border Collie mix (we're not sure what else is in there). He's such a smart dog that does the "dumbest" things some times.

When we first got him he was terrified of men. Now he's the friendliest dog in the world...loves car rides and worships attention.

pepper_car-55676.jpg

Hanging out in his bed (that's way too small but he loves anyway) on the 4 hour drive home from Pittsburgh

imag0159-55675.jpg

Just got home, happy to see me

I posted a pic of penny our adopted 9 year old Sheba mix earlier in this post. 2 weeks ago I found a large lump on her tail. The lady friend took her to the doctor and the doctor thought it was a blood vessel tumor. Well long story short it turned out to be just a cyst. The pour girl got a poodle cut and a traffic cone.

image-3546519117.jpg

image-874551105.jpg

Mumbly said:
I posted a pic of penny our adopted 9 year old Sheba mix earlier in this post. 2 weeks ago I found a large lump on her tail. The lady friend took her to the doctor and the doctor thought it was a blood vessel tumor. Well long story short it turned out to be just a cyst. The pour girl got a poodle cut and a traffic cone.

Bummer, the cone of shame! Glad to hear she's ok.

What a bunch of cuties.

This is our last dog Buddy. He was 16 1/2 when we had to put him down - the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Don't get me wrong, I luved my Mom, but I cried more when we put him down than at my Mom's funeral.

BuddyWindow.jpg

It took us about 3 years to get over Buddy. My wife and I (mostly my wife) decided it was time for another so we rescued Cricket right before he was euthenized. They told us Cricket was 4-6, but from the vet & his still growing after we got him, he was only about 2. It took about 6 months for Cricket to realize we were his parents and he was home, and now 1 1/2 years later he's awesome.

20112Cricket.jpg

Here is the shot of our dog Birdie which inspired our cartoonized version for my brewery logo plus a glamour shot of her on a bed that is going to be in an advertisement for my work...

7688985170105.jpg

Birdie.jpg

Medium to large sized dogs are better... they are easy to clean and feed more people...

This has been a very sad week for me. His indomitable spirit has been recorded on this forum somewhere. Nothing in this world could contain him and he passed while trying to find his loved ones. He was struck by a car and hung in there long enough for Brenda and I to locate him and do the penultimate thing that only his best friends could do. We miss him terribly.

image-2561827423.jpg

image-2618243727.jpg

This has been a very sad week for me. His indomitable spirit has been recorded on this forum somewhere. Nothing in this world could contain him and he passed while trying to find his loved ones. He was struck by a car and hung in there long enough for Brenda and I to locate him and do the penultimate thing that only his best friends could do. We miss him terribly.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Courage, bro.

So sorry...

First thing first, sorry for your loss.

image-3900235024.jpg

This is my cocker spaniel Murphy. At times he is the worst dog in the world, he hates everything, cars, bicycles, kids, squirrels, birds, airplanes, frogs, basically anything in motion he wants to destroy. He tries to bite strangers and other dogs, he has bit me before. We were seriously worried we would have to find him another home when SWMBO was pregnant.

image-227623290.jpg

Turns out we were worried for nothing, he absolutely loves our son, he has to be near him at all times, let's him pull his ears, hit him, crawl all over him. It's amazing how they can surprise you.

Back