What style have I made!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonB

Reaction score
Getting ready to bottle Berlbrew's version (more or less) of Oberon567's "Wild Dog Days of Summer Ale". Beginner question is, what style would you call this brew? Would like to know so if I take some to the club meeting, and someone asks me "Whatcha got here?" I don't have to say "Uuuhh... beer?"
Thanks!
Ron B :mug:

This is the recipe I went with including the minor changes from the original.

Extract - Wild Dog Days of Summer Ale

Recipe Type: Extract Yeast: WLP 008 Yeast Starter Batch Size (Gallons): 5 Original Gravity: 1.063 Final Gravity: 1.012 IBU: 30.8 Boiling Time (Minutes): 60 Color: 8.8 SRM Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 13,67 degrees Tasting Notes: Alcohol is not nearly as forward as might assume looking at the ABV,very quaffable

3.3 lb Light LME 3.3 lb Wheat LME (late addition) 6.0 oz Corn Sugar (0.38 lb) 0.5 lb Crystal 20 0.5 oz. Simcoe (12.3% AA) 60 Minutes 1 oz. Amarillo Gold (7.3% AA) 15 Minutes 1 tsp. Irish Moss (15 minutes) Fresh Grated Orange/Lemon Peel 10 Minutes (Two each)

Had a suspicion that it may be a wheat but wanted to be sure! Thanks for the input, one step closer to being a pompous, condescending, beer snob! YEA!!!!

Back