Rochester, NY - CO2 Tank Refill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJPicardo

Reaction score
Anybody from Rochester, NY know where I can get a CO2 tank filled? I don't want to swap it out, as it's brand new.

Thanks!

I'm a ways down the road from you, but there is a place in Lancaster that fills them cheap. I pay $7 or $8 for 5lbs. They don't swap either, just fill. It's a fire equipment place that sells and refills fire extinguishers. It's called Trost Fire equipment, on Walden. I can't help you much for Rochester, but check with fire equipment places if you don't want to shuffle off to Buffalo..

I've had mine filled at Monroe Extinguisher on Dodge St. I also bought both of my CO2 tanks there. I bought two 15lb tanks which were filled, for $50 each. This was a few years ago, so the price may not be the same. Another nice thing is that if your tank is expired, they will take the old one and replace it with another (or test it, i don't remember which). They are used tanks but perfectly usable and tested.

I've had mine filled at Monroe Extinguisher on Dodge St. I also bought both of my CO2 tanks there. I bought two 15lb tanks which were filled, for $50 each. This was a few years ago, so the price may not be the same. Another nice thing is that if your tank is expired, they will take the old one and replace it with another (or test it, i don't remember which). They are used tanks but perfectly usable and tested.

Good call on Monroe Extinguisher! I picked up a used full 5# tank there on Saturday for $45!

I just filled(exchanged) my 20 lb. tank for $19.00 at the Sunset Hydroponics on Clay St. in Henrietta. This is a good deal no?

as per city of rochester ordinances, no gases can be filled within city limits. dumb rule for safe gases

Just did a search for CO2 around Rochester, NY Sept. 21, 2012.
May not be accurate, list is in no order and its not a complete list.

CO2 Refills:
1. Monroe Extinguisher Company (city, by far the best prices on CO2)
2. Southtown Beverages Drive-Thru (Henrietta)

CO2 Tank Exchange:
1. Danes Welding Supplies (east Webster)
2. Rochester Welding Supply (city & Manchester/Shortsville)
3. Sunset Hdroponics (Victor, Henrietta, Greece?)
4. NewCrown Beverages (city)
5. Beverage Center Drive Thru (Canandaigua)

In the Buffalo area, Norco will fill them as well. They have propane, welding gases, and they also fill Co2 tanks.

as per city of rochester ordinances, no gases can be filled within city limits. dumb rule for safe gases

LOL! Don't think anyone cares about that one. Besides, city of Rochester is relatively small. Most are looking for places in the suburbs. Sunset prices are good for exchanges I hear Southtown is a good deal but I haven't used them yet.

LOL! Don't think anyone cares about that one. Besides, city of Rochester is relatively small. Most are looking for places in the suburbs. Sunset prices are good for exchanges I hear Southtown is a good deal but I haven't used them yet.

Yeah Sunset is 19 for a 20 lb. exchange. They'll give you a frequent shoppers card if you catch them in a good mood for 5% off every purchase. If anyone goes to Southtown let us know how much it is.

Here is a pricelist for Southtown. Not bad.

st_pl_parts.jpg

4th [5th?] for Southtown beverage. Their site is terrible http://kegking.com/ but the owners have always been more than helpful. Al, one of the brothers, spent around 30 minutes walking me through trouble shooting my multi-keg setup which kept leaking CO2 somewhere. He even gave me a free [albeit old, missing glass, but still] regulator for testing the pressure differences across the valves.

Never had a problem with tank fills there.

holy smokes. $33 for a 20# Co2 fill??

I just paid $18 for a tank swap here in PA, had to pay $18 for a hydro test. The most current date on my tank was 12-88. Original date was 11-70!

can't complain much though, found it on CL for $20. So I'm in $20+$18+$18 = $56 for my own 20# tank. The guys were telling me how old my tank was and they weren't sure about it... got busy & asked me to hold a sec. Which I did patiently... when the manager came back to me I started telling him I homebrew & this was for my new keg setup... chatted about HB for a little bit & he decided to just chance the old tank passing the hydro test

:)

I never thought of fire extinguisher places... I'll have to check that out around me

Back