American Stout Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Still trying to learn Inkscape so I'm keeping the labels real simple so far. I thought this one turned out nice for being simple. What do you think?

attachment.php

American Stout Label.jpg

I think I need to read on how to host images here now that I'm able to. :)

I'd move everything a bit more towards the middle. The flag could be reduced in size a bit so it doesn't overlap the barcode. The "American Stout" could be moved up under the flag more, so it's not floating at the bottom.

Oval labels are tough, especially if you have blocky elements like the flag and "American Stout" with the bars above it. Maybe instead make the flag fill up the whole oval, even though some of the flag will get cropped it will still provide a nice back drop, make it more transparent also, like a soft watermark, increase the size of "American Stout".

Anyway, just some thoughts.

I'd move everything a bit more towards the middle. The flag could be reduced in size a bit so it doesn't overlap the barcode. The "American Stout" could be moved up under the flag more, so it's not floating at the bottom.

Oval labels are tough, especially if you have blocky elements like the flag and "American Stout" with the bars above it. Maybe instead make the flag fill up the whole oval, even though some of the flag will get cropped it will still provide a nice back drop, make it more transparent also, like a soft watermark, increase the size of "American Stout".

Anyway, just some thoughts.

You bring up some good points. Thank you.

I'm wondering if I should ditch the Oval shaped labels?? Squared or rectangle labels probably lend to more creativity and room.

I think I'll do this. Thanks.

Back