• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stir Plates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yavid

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy 10 stir plates as shown in the attached picture. Please note that the tops are apparently a little warped/bent (they are aluminum so they should be easy to straighten out). I really only want 2-3 of the stir plates and would like to sell the other 7-8. Just wanting to find out if there is any interest. Price would be ~$20 + shipping.

Link to info about the stir plate:

LabX News New Products - Econostir MS-6 Magnetic Flask Stirrer

Stir Plate.jpg

The top plates are apparently warped/bent. They are aluminum so they should be fairly easy to straighten out. I've edited my original post to include this info.

Still interested?

If you want a total cost I will need your zip code so I can quote shipping.

Go to stirstarter.com you can get stir plate,stir bar,and 2000ml pyrex glass for 67.00 that includes shipping with lifetime warranty

Probably 10$ to ship plus 15 for the rest you can get a brand new plate with lifetime warranty for just 20 more bucks. Just throwing it out there

The stirstarter stir plates look like your typical "computer fan and hard drive magnet in a Radioshack project box" stir plate. You can build a similar stir plate yourself for $10-20 (mine cost me $12).

The stir plates offered here are lab units. Yes they're used but for $20ea + shipping I don't feel it's worth the effort to build another home-built unit (and I'm not about to pay someone else to build me one either). But to each their own.

stirstarters.com

but I would rather have a professional made one than a computer fan my homemade one works great, but it sometimes is finicky.

I don't have a stirplate and am about to start all grain BIAB. One of these would be a great help for a brewer on a grad school budget:) Please place me on the already tremendous list.

It looks like I should have no problem getting rid of 7-8 of these things so I am going to go through with the purchase. I will send you all quotes on shipping once I am able to weigh the units (I haven't purchased/received them yet). Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get stuck with all 10 before I finalized things.

Sounds good. Just make sure you offer to the ppl who responded first .
Let me know what the shipping will be to ny 10579 can paypal money asap

i'd take the top off and replace it with a piece of that white cutting board.

make sure you go in order, make sure they work - seriously? he needs to be instructed in this way?

make sure you go in order, make sure they work - seriously? he needs to be instructed in this way?

some ppl do. i have been 1st in line before to purchase an item and get screwed out of it. so in my case YES!!! makes me feel better that i say it.
plus the fact that OP said " I will send you all quotes on shipping once I am able to weigh the units "

Wow. Seriously Integra? I have 3 things to say in response:

First: I shouldn't have to say that I won't sell these if they end up being broken. That much should be obvious. I consider myself part of the brewing community and I'm not about to start screwing other members of this community over.

Second: I don't need to be told how to choose who I am going to offer the stirplates to. If I want to put all your names in a hat and then offer the stirplates to the first 7 names I draw that's what I'll do. Frankly you don't really have a say.

Third: Treating sellers like they're idiots isn't really the best way to ensure that your name makes the list. I have enough people interested in these that I think I'd prefer not to sell to someone who treats me like I'm a moron.

<joking> I say skip him if it puts me up in line. </joking>

I just think these two things are assumed and telling someone to make sure they do them is rather jerk like and paternalistic.

I never said anything about the OP. I was just making sure because when I look at the pic n the top is bent I don't know if anything is wrong with them. I don't know who the OP is getting them from. They might be an untrustworthy person. I'm just asking questions about the product you are selling. Which it also says in the stickies to ask if you don't know. I'm just going by what the pic looks like n to me it looks like it could be broke. I'm not saying anything that the OP is dumb or trying to screw hbt over.

Man Yavid, your getting attacked. :)

Haha. It would appear so.

I guess I should've spelled things out more clearly in my first post. Didn't really think it was necessary to say that I wouldn't sell broken garbage or that I'd try to choose people in a fair manner. I figured that should be obvious. It's really too bad that there are enough a$$holes in this community that we can't trust each other.

Perhaps my response to Integra came off a bit harsh. Still, I stick by my comment that he was going about things the wrong way.

Integra: Sounds like we just had a misunderstanding. Let's just forget about it before this turns uglier than it already has.

OG: Not sure what I did to offend you. As far as I can tell you never posted or PM'd me asking for a stirplate in the first place.

I was saying make sure they all work to help you out. Some ppl would just buy them n then find out only 4-6 of them work and get screwed. Just trying to help out. N then when u said u will let ALL of us know to me means you will let everyone know and then the 1st ppl that responds gets them. I just don't want to get screwed out of a good deal from another hbt member again. Not saying u will screw anyone over. Just covering my ass. Do what you want I guess. If I'm off the list then so be it. Just trying to help out n cover myself at same time.
Sorry

Latest posts

Back