Does more beer sell good quality ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss429

Reaction score
Does it? im thinking about buying my grains hops and liquid yeast there. I live like 2 days UPS wise from riverside so is more beer recomended or not?

Otherwise recomend me a online brew store which sells good quality ingredients, and I can just buy yeast locally to not risk have them die on the shipping.

Does it? im thinking about buying my grains hops and liquid yeast there. I live like 2 days UPS wise from riverside so is more beer recomended or not?

Otherwise recomend me a online brew store which sells good quality ingredients, and I can just buy yeast locally to not risk have them die on the shipping.

Are you just trying to avoid driving to Linda Vista? Everything at Home Brew Mart is good. The hops are too expensive, but everything else you're asking about is great.

K well thanks for responses, but no its just i need starsan and autosiphon and some other little stuff and If i get free shipping why not..

Yeah we do - all of our grain is the same as any other major shop, because we all move so much of it. Our hops are packaged in mylar bags that have been flushed with nitrogen to remove any oxygen and this keeps them fresh for a long time. We get two huge boxes of white labs yeast a week, so the only way to get fresher yeast would be to buy it right from White Labs :)

Low blow! Low blow! :)

We have been getting a lot better in that department, thanks to the procedures we have developed last year. I think our back order % is like 1% or something crazy. Not much when you are talking about over 5,000 sku's.

Of course it doesn't help when one person buys out the entire backstock of a product. I was up there a few months back, grabbing a few items, and needed to pick up a packet of US-05. I noticed they had 20-30 packets in the cooler and decided to grab everything else first. When I came back to grab my yeast the bin was empty. I asked Mike to check to see if they had any in the back. He looked and then came back and told me it had all just been packed up for a single order. How much yeast does that person need?!?!? :confused:

Of course it doesn't help when one person buys out the entire backstock of a product. I was up there a few months back, grabbing a few items, and needed to pick up a packet of US-05. I noticed they had 20-30 packets in the cooler and decided to grab everything else first. When I came back to grab my yeast the bin was empty. I asked Mike to check to see if they had any in the back. He looked and then came back and told me it had all just been packed up for a single order. How much yeast does that person need?!?!? :confused:

All of it. Apparently. Could be a micro with a bad batch of yeast.

Well imho wlp001 is MUCH better anyway. I've never really found dry yeast to work as well as a properly grown starter on my stir plate.

nice well i ordered like 100 bux worth and got more shipping and its going to be third business day tomorow. I hope it ships tom. yea Ill update with quality of packaging and etc... Its going to be my first brew so my opinion on quality of product other than grain milling will be useless.

Low blow! Low blow! :)

We have been getting a lot better in that department, thanks to the procedures we have developed last year. I think our back order % is like 1% or something crazy. Not much when you are talking about over 5,000 sku's.

The next step is getting it out to the Los Altos location. They are still missing at least one thing I need whenever I go in there with a full list of ingredients. Although, what I am able to pick up, I am very happy with quality- and price-wise.

However, I still shop there because you guys support the BN, I like buying from local establishments (so my money goes to my community, not to Austin, TX or Minnesota), and I'm an impatient SOB that doesn't want to wait for shipping.

I've bought some of my "bigger" stuff from morebeer. Like, my MLT with the ballvalve and false bottom. It was a decent price, and very well made. I live quite a long ways away, and my orders always come pretty quickly.

The next step is getting it out to the Los Altos location. They are still missing at least one thing I need whenever I go in there with a full list of ingredients. Although, what I am able to pick up, I am very happy with quality- and price-wise.

The retail shops do all of their own ordering, so it could be that, or a run on that one product. Lots of reasons, but thanks a lot for shopping there and with us, and I'm glad that you are happy with what we are doing. Or something, I dont know what Im saying. :)

Back