New to AG- Brew kettle ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete08

Reaction score
I have found a 50qt- $70 shipped, and a 60qt for $10 more. I should say these are the 4mm (heavy) aluminum. This would be minus a $25 coupon. Am I going to beat these prices? Also, I'm thinking the 60qt for the occasional big brew. Thoughts?

I should mention this will sit on my soon to be delivered Bayou SP10 burner ($39- $25 coupon = $14 shipped - got to love Amazon!). Thanks to an old electric turkey fryer, I have a spigot that I may install on my kettle once here. I'm guessing it would hold up to the heat, since the heater on the old fryer would hit 400*

All and all it's not a bad price. You might check out a local outdoor store like Sportman's Wharehouse. If you are close enough, you might save a bit by not having to pay shipping. Your location is SW Oregon, don't know how close that puts you to the Sportsman's Wharehouse in Medford. Overall, the price isn't bad at all, so don't hesitate to order the one online.

And I would say yes, get the 60 qt if you ever think you might want to do 10G batches.

instawares.com is another good site. I recall several people getting them from there. Their 50 qt appears to be higher priced than yours. It's worth looking at though.

My little sister is a manager at Sam's Club. She just got married this weekend (SWMBO got trashed on margaritas at the reception), and her and her husband have moved up here to Vegas. She just transferred to the store that's like 3 miles away from our house.

Sweet. I'll be getting mine very soon.

My little sister is a manager at Sam's Club. She just got married this weekend (SWMBO got trashed on margaritas at the reception), and her and her husband have moved up here to Vegas. She just transferred to the store that's like 3 miles away from our house.

Sweet. I'll be getting mine very soon.

NO Sam's Club anywhere around here:mad:

All and all it's not a bad price. You might check out a local outdoor store like Sportman's Wharehouse. If you are close enough, you might save a bit by not having to pay shipping. Your location is SW Oregon, don't know how close that puts you to the Sportsman's Wharehouse in Medford. Overall, the price isn't bad at all, so don't hesitate to order the one online.

And I would say yes, get the 60 qt if you ever think you might want to do 10G batches.

Sportsman Warehouse=79 bones for the 60 qt.

Sam's club... I wonder if those pots are the "heavy" type 4mm thick.

I think I will go with Amazon, especially with the $25 off. $55- thick-wall, shipped.

Not bad, a 60qt. pot and burner for $69!

Back