Resurrection 7-7-7 Resurrected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
This morning I was cleaning out some kegs and found in the back of my cooler a cornie of our 7-7-7 Rye PA! I couldn't believe it. I have not tried it yet and will do that tonight, but I was amazed. I made a big batch and I obviously forgot there was yet another cornie of it. I will let you know how it tastes.

It does sound rather rediculous doesn't it? I had seven cornies in the cooler and this was there in the back, just chillin out.

Don'tcha love surprises like that?!:ban:

Definitely let us know how it tastes after all this time. I have plans to brew 777 again after the first of the year. That stuff was a winner.

Just "finding" a cornie of beer-A cornie of "Good beer" Be kinda like gettin hit in the face with a frying pan.....

I have a few bottles of 666 that i did w/o the oak chips. And you want to talk about just finding beer. I went out of town for a few weeks and when i came home i was going threw box's of beer i have and there was like 2 cases of stuff that just showed up. And no one in my house will confess to buying it!

I have been taking a sixer of each of my brews and putting them away for tasting later. Lastnight I pulled a sixer out of a Sierra Nevada Celebration clone I did in August and WOW, that aging does make a difference. BTW, Brewpastor, let me know how your 777 tastes and I will be right down ;)

Damn - I gotta start kegging. I need to experience finding a forgotten keg!! :D

SW Brewer - Aging Really Makes a difference. - I bottle lager everything I make for 3 months in my Man-Fridge. I discovered this when I first started brewing.

I made my first batch I drank about half of it and it was OK not all that good. Biased in the sense you wanted to like it but is was just so so. I let it sit, brewed two more batches and meanwhile drank micros. Batch number 2 was an Octoberfest Cream Ale. At 3 weeks it was Ok as well. At two months my 1st brew remarkably improved. At 3 months - awesome. Unfortunately at 3 months I only had 1 bottle left.

My first 4 or 5 batches were warm conditioned everything since then has been cold conditioned.

The only exception is Edwort's Apfelwein. I condition it warm. Its on its 11.5 month and its really good.

:mug:

It was very dry with a stronger bitterness because of that, but still enjoyable. I have it under CO2 to gas it up a bit because it was kind of soft. The hops still have a strong flavor. The bottom line is it really enjoy it. I have only had a pint so far, so I will continue to evaluate it over the coming season. I will need to take SWBrewer up on his offer to help me sample.

Latest posts

Back