best ball lock prices?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckmanco

Reaction score
So who has the best prices (shipping included) on refurbed ball locks? I have my 3 tap fridge conversion kit coming from keg connection, but wouldn't mind having 2 more kegs for back up and eventual expansion to 4 taps. Something else also tells me these things are gonna become quite scarce soon.

cornykeg.com has converted ball lock kegs in 4 packs for $104 and very reasonable shipping as well. They also sell them in singles for $28

I order the 4 pack from sabco yesterday:

http://brew-magic.com/keg_spec_bllocks.html

Some people on HBT were very happy from them, so I give it a try.
It ended being 165 shipped in California. I looked around before ordering (kegconnection, kegcowboy, morebeer,...) and nothing was cheaper. I was also disappointed with the keg quality that arrived with my kit from from kegconnection. So I do not want to order kegs again from them (but the rest of the kit is great!)

The one from cornykeg are pin lock converted to ball locks. It is sure the cheapest way to go, but this kegs are smaller and wider, and would not fit in the keezer I am building.

KeggleBrewing.com also has a 4 pack of re-conditioned for about $128. I just ordered 4 from them on Monday, haven't gotten them yet.

I know the OP asked for the best price on refurbished ball locks, but I'm going to ignore that for now...

I bought a 4-pack of UNrefurbished ball lock kegs from MoreBeer for $125 shipped. The kegs still had some soda inside, but were/are in quite good condition for used kegs -- much better than the kegs I received as part of a kit from KegConnection.

As a matter of principle, I always disassemble, clean, and refurbish my own kegs for peace of mind anyway. I bought enough o-rings from McMaster to do 20 kegs for about $30, when it seems like all brew shops I've seen want to charge ~$3.50 for a kit to refurb a single keg. I'll be set on o-rings for a very long time, and probably won't ever have to buy post or dip tube rings again (they come in 100-packs, whereas the big lid rings come in only 5- or 10-packs).

I ordered the 4 pack from kegs.com/sabco/brew-magic.com - $152 shipped to Kansas. The kegs are very nicely reconditioned and look fantastic. Once of mine was missing an o-ring and another I had trouble sealing at the lid. Sent an email to them and got a reply the next morning with the correct answer (bend the handle just a bit to tighten the connection) AND I received a new lid in the mail along with a full gasket kit just a couple of days later. I'm going to order more from them soon.

Sabco looks good, I got 4 refurbs off ebay for $150 All in. I wish I knew about them as it would be $10 cheaper plus poilished

Holy Crap - I have no kegerator, no set-up, no whatever else I need, but Four Shiny Kegs are heading my way ($138 delivered)... gotta start somewhere right?!

Wow 8 for 60 bucks!! sweet deal! How long did Sabco take to ship? I put in an order on the 3rd and didnt get a ups track number. I emailed them and got no response. 140 bucks up in the air kinda makes me nervous:confused:

Wow 8 for 60 bucks!! sweet deal! How long did Sabco take to ship? I put in an order on the 3rd and didnt get a ups track number. I emailed them and got no response. 140 bucks up in the air kinda makes me nervous:confused:

I'd contact them to see what's up. I ordered mine late Sunday night, March 27 and got an immediate e-mail confirmation of the order. Then on Tuesday the 29th I got a notification of shipment with a tracking number - the kegs arrived on Friday, April 1.

I also ordered mine on April 1. I too received a same day email confirmation. Friday I received a UPS tracking notification with delivery expected today. Give them a call. I'm sure they'd be happy to check into it for you.

Got the kegs I ordered from sabco yesterday. I must say they look great. Much better than the crappy ones I got with my complete setup. Clean inside and out, new o-rings, no smell, no stickers, pressurized, correct posts. And shiny ! :)

Of course I will take them apart and clean them, but I know it will be quick as there is no visible residue or anything.

The rubber parts (all 4 kegs have black top and bottom) are in perfect condition too.

UPDATE-

I ordered 2 ball lock kegs from SABCO, for 80 or so shipped, which is the best price considering the reported condition of these kegs from other HBT members. However I received no tracking number or notice they shipped. I called their office, spoke to a very helpful woman who checked on my order and told me that my two were supposed to be going out today, and that they were hit with so many orders it depleted their current supply, which is why they list them as out of stock for now. She also told me they got some more in but those are in need of their cleaning/prepping process before they are ready.

So, all in all, a positive experience with SABCO, which will be that much more positive once the kegs come in.

Got the kegs I ordered from sabco yesterday. I must say they look great. Much better than the crappy ones I got with my complete setup. Clean inside and out, new o-rings, no smell, no stickers, pressurized, correct posts. And shiny ! :)

Of course I will take them apart and clean them, but I know it will be quick as there is no visible residue or anything.

The rubber parts (all 4 kegs have black top and bottom) are in perfect condition too.

I received mine this week too and second the above, but what's up with all the dents around the top...

keg.JPG

I received mine this week too and second the above, but what's up with all the dents around the top...

That looks like one I got from KegConnection. Looked to me like the keg had been dropped on its top and the top got smushed down a bit - that keg was about 1/8 inch shorter than my other ones. It still holds pressure, though, so its no big deal. None of the four I got from Sabco were dented like that.

UPDATE-

I ordered 2 ball lock kegs from SABCO, for 80 or so shipped, which is the best price considering the reported condition of these kegs from other HBT members. However I received no tracking number or notice they shipped. I called their office, spoke to a very helpful woman who checked on my order and told me that my two were supposed to be going out today, and that they were hit with so many orders it depleted their current supply, which is why they list them as out of stock for now. She also told me they got some more in but those are in need of their cleaning/prepping process before they are ready.

So, all in all, a positive experience with SABCO, which will be that much more positive once the kegs come in.

I see that as of this morning Sabco has removed the temporarily out of stock notice on their web site.

My order of two ball locks from SABCO showed up, and so far, these kegs are in the best shape of any used keg I've seen anywhere.

They come polished, which largely makes the stainless steel look brand new, I counted maybe 3 dents on both kegs total, and the new o-rings come installed, and the kegs are clean.

This has to be the best deal going, unless someone else finds something better. I wish all my kegs came from them.

just ordered my 4-pack from Sabco. exited about the shiny kegs with new o-rings. can't wait to fill them up.
Also, got an immediate confirmation email about my order.

Holy Crap - I have no kegerator, no set-up, no whatever else I need, but Four Shiny Kegs are heading my way ($138 delivered)... gotta start somewhere right?!

How did you get 4 shiny kegs for $138 delivered? I see that Sabco/kegs.com has the 4-pack of shiny ball lock kegs for $138, but that's not including shipping. They want $30 for shipping to CO, which makes the deal far less attractive.

How did you get 4 shiny kegs for $138 delivered? I see that Sabco/kegs.com has the 4-pack of shiny ball lock kegs for $138, but that's not including shipping. They want $30 for shipping to CO, which makes the deal far less attractive.

They used to have them on sale for $120 for the last couple weeks when I put my order in. Still haven't shipped though and it's been over 2 weeks

I am wondering what is the website for McMaster that you refer to and if it is not specifically for brewing what size the orings are?

www.mcmaster.com

Here are part numbers for ball lock kegs-

* Dip Tube O-rings $1.96/100 - 9452K172
* Dip Tube O-rings Quad Sealing $4.46/100 - 90025K368 (I prefer these as they require significantly less force to get a good seal)
* Post O-rings Buna-N $2.15/100 - 9452K23 (I use these for liquid)
* Post O-rings Silicone $10.71/100 - 9396K24 (I use these for gas)
* Lid O-rings Buna-N $12.69/10 - 9452K218
* Lid O-rings Silicone $7.88/5 - 9396K926
* Internal Quick Disconnect O-rings Silicone $6.11/100 - 9396K18

Taken from https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/mcmaster-keg-o-ring-list-233086/

Latest posts

Back