Party Pig Pressure Pouch Blocking Flow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
So it seem that the pressure pouch inside my pig is right up against the back of the spigot and is impeding flow. It's coming out, just VERY slowly. It is causing me to not get a good head :( Any suggestions?

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Dang, how'd that happen? Mine was towards the end and when it got hot it went, "fat man in a little coat." Those are dangerous when bloated and hot like that. 260fl oz is a lot of beer. How bloated is your pouch? If it is just obstructing and pouring slow, it should work itself out after inflating a little more.

So I tilted the pig a little sideways and it flowed a little better. I filled up a few of bottles from it this morning to transport to my folks and the pouch made a pop noise, which I assume is the second pouch inflating. The flow is much better now, and my head came back :)

It is a folded pouch, the stuff is between the folds and comes into contact with the liquid in the pouch to start the reaction. They are pretty cool, but very scary. Be extremely careful when you finish that beer and open that pig!!!! My advice, get it very cold before you try to open it to lower the pressure with temperature, and have a ice pick ready to poke the bag. Never completely remove any screw, and back them all off in increments until you see the bag. It is amazing how large the bag is when you remove it.

Really cool product, and I am glad it finally started working for you. It will go through spurts of more and less pressure with the bag popping right before you start to get pressure again.

I am absolutely scared of these things though until you get that bag popped though, be careful!!!

It will stay in the fridge until I'm done with it, so hopefully that will be cold enough. Thanks for the advice on taking the puch out!

No problem, just would hate to let a person turn themself into a wanna be pirate. I mean you'd have the patch, you know what I'm sayin'?

Back