Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see a photo of all the different meads out there.

Show the photo and a quick description of what it is.

Cant wait to see all the photos!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I made last night. Before yeast hit it. Prickly pear mead

ForumRunner_20131215_104910.png

ForumRunner_20131215_105011.png

This is my winter mead. Catsclaw honey with cranberry and applejuice. then some clove, allspice, and cinnamon

ForumRunner_20131215_105159.jpg

Orange blossom.
Traditional mead made with Orange blossom honey, the citrus comes through

My first naga chilli mead,
Nice and clear, smooth in taste and wicked heat,
Christmas winter warmer,,,,,, done!

ForumRunner_20131222_221829.png

ForumRunner_20131222_221843.png

ForumRunner_20131222_221910.png

ForumRunner_20131222_221921.png

This started as a 3 chilli mead but i remove 2 after a short while to.limit the heat, i used ghost viper chilli (naga) that my friend was growing in his kitchen

iderwyddi said:
. My latest batch. Orange blossom honey vanilla in the secondary lightly Oaked with a touch of almond extract.
Sounds fantastic, how did it come out?

It came out fantastic. It's dry and has a beautiful finish. I was going for a strong vanilla presence, and the vanilla shines with out being too much.

Today I have re-attempted the "wolf-moon" Mead(blackberry Melomel with spices).The first two photos are of the first attempt earlier this year. I'm not making those mistakes again. The second two are from today. Wish me luck.

image-1636915385.jpg
image-3029338428.jpg

image-1394076616.jpg
image-3079918415.jpg

Yohef said:
I believe that if it is Mead, it is special.

I appreciate that! My first attempt, so I'm pretty happy with it. It's nothing compared to some of the wild concoctions on here!

Looks good! I also do my primary fermentation in a bucket for ease of use / clean up. Others on the site add fruit in a secondary carboy to give a fruitier flavor. It would be interesting to do a comparison using the same recipe to see what the difference really is.

Happy brewing!

image-2010879586.jpg

JAOM at 6 months. Enjoying in front of a fire while watching A Christmas Story.

View attachment 168106

Loving it. I passed out bottles of JAOM that I brewed in March 2013, bulked aged till 10/13 and bottled on 11/25. Drank 1/2 bottle with my wife and watched"A Christmas Story" 2 1/2 times today. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388420537.388667.jpg
Left side semi dry tart cherry melomel
Right side traditional mead
First time mead brewer
I believe I will be at this for a very long time!

The picture in the glass, on the kitchen floor doesn't really do it justice. It's crystal clear, still a bit hot but it's nothing a few months aging won't fix.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Home Brew mobile app

@YoungJames, looks like its just above the kitchen floor floating or is it just me? Drunk and hungover from new years XD

Back