How much Co2 do you use in a year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
I use about 20lbs a year. I was thinking that I should purge more and not be so stingy with it? How much ya use in a year?

just about to open my basement bar with two guest lines and a dedicated cask fridge/beer engine. I'm at about 10-15lbs / year right now, assuming that will go up to 15-20lbs next year. To go on record, that is for the 200 gallons / 2 adult household limit I am allowed.

I can't be the only one into having co2 in the brew house. It sucks running out, more so it sucks paying way over priced refills or trade ins. Co2 users this is your thread. Tell me how you're doing?

I have a 20 lb, a 5 lb, and a 2.5 lb. I usually fill all of them twice a year.

I have a 20# on my 6 tap kegerator. That usually lasts 6-8 months. I also have a 5# tank that I use for carbonating kegs and supplying the kegerator while the 20# tank is getting filled. Can't get the 20# filled same day anymore so I needed a backup.

Back