Just thought I'd show off our latest acquisition.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EoinMag

Reaction score
it's a Kitchenaid Heavy Duty, commercial mixer with the metal gears.

It's a beautiful piece of machinery and it was not expensive as we got it off a jilted lover selling it as revenge on her ex, I only found this out later, but then I don't know them so don't care anyway.

I paid 100 pounds sterling, so about 150 dollars, give or take. It was a steal....err perhaps mildly literally :) But no worries they live accross the water in England.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hDyHhKPwgmVR4FpE5OhEWGpOG1TJ7SUeEjgdI75Ahqs?feat=directlink

That is very nice! We have it's little brother in our kitchen. We use it constantly even more this time of the year. Take a look online at the accessories available for your unit, we love the ice cream maker.

My wife has the same one. She loves it. It's so easy to use that she uses it for simple stuff she could easily mix by hand, like pancake mix. You're gonna love it.

It's a beast of a thing, takes up huge space in the kitchen, but it has power. Someone has previously fitted the beater incorrectly and taken the laminate off the beater so we need to replace that. The ice cream maker definitely appeals and the pasta maker. I was gonna get a grain mill but then I read about and it's not worth getting for a brewer it appears.

Same one I have, only mine is 40 years old and made in Dayton, OH. It will NOT quit.

We also have the same one... got it as a wedding gift 14 years ago. Use it constantly. We are looking at upgrading to the new 7 quart model they just came out with as we could definitely use the extra space. We were making our own bread for awhile but the recipe was just too big for this model.

Ok so my main Xmas present was an ice cream maker for the Kitchenaid. I made a lovely Vanilla Ice cream yesterday and froze it with a Raspberry Ripple in it :)

Very very tasty I have to say.

It's the cadillac of mixers, cool gift! I usually see them 4-500 here in the states.

I have an antique version I bought for 20 bucks at a garage sale and it rocks!

Have fun!

Back