5, 6, 7, 8, an 10 gallon stainless pots for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay,

This may be a tad :off: but I just bottled that Blonde Ale Kit this weekend and I cannot wait for it to carb up. I was a little low on the OG (1.036) but it fermented out really low FG 1.004. Smelled and tasted good on bottling day. I'll update when I try my first one.

:mug:

Ya know I probably didn't munipulate it for an efficency loss. My system is 85-90% if yours is 75% than that would be the reason for that, sorry for that. What yeast did you use?

How do ya like that kettle? It's a tank huh.
Jay

Ya know I probably didn't munipulate it for an efficency loss. My system is 85-90% if yours is 75% than that would be the reason for that, sorry for that. What yeast did you use?

How do ya like that kettle? It's a tank huh.
Jay

I ended up using WLP001. I made a 1.5QT starter.

The kettle has to be the best purchase I have made so far. That thing just rocks! It just blows my old 5 gallon pot out of the water. It is just so well built/solid. More than worth it. :mug:

I ended up using WLP001. I made a 1.5QT starter.

The kettle has to be the best purchase I have made so far. That thing just rocks! It just blows my old 5 gallon pot out of the water. It is just so well built/solid. More than worth it. :mug:

Glad you like the kettle, I sell a bunch of thos in the store and everyone just raves over them. It is just about the best kettle money can buy.
How is that Blonde coming along?

Yes $239.95 is for the kettle + shipping. A false bottom designed for that kettle is $90.00. Will you want any ballvalves, or other hardware?

Yes $239.95 is for the kettle + shipping. A false bottom designed for that kettle is $90.00. Will you want any ballvalves, or other hardware?

i would just use a ball valve from my cooler mash tun and pick up a new bulkhead...do you have any that will connect with your false bottom that i could mate up with my valve? would you be able to drill the hole?

i would just use a ball valve from my cooler mash tun and pick up a new bulkhead...do you have any that will connect with your false bottom that i could mate up with my valve? would you be able to drill the hole?
I can do any mods to the heavy duty kettles that you want. I cant drill and weld in the bottom because of the 2 metals but we weld in the side all the time. The false bottom for that pot would come from my supplier and they build them for that pot. they are built to set above the valve. But we could do a diptube for you.
and just to clarify, what do you mean when you say these are the pots available @ B3?
I buy these from the same supplier as B3 (more beer), so they are the same pot.

Jay

Glad you like the kettle, I sell a bunch of thos in the store and everyone just raves over them. It is just about the best kettle money can buy.
How is that Blonde coming along?

I can see why everyone raves about them....the Blonde Ale is now bottled and I just had my first one yesterday. Excellent recipe. It is very refreshing, light and crisp! Can't thank you enough Jay.

I can see why everyone raves about them....the Blonde Ale is now bottled and I just had my first one yesterday. Excellent recipe. It is very refreshing, light and crisp! Can't thank you enough Jay.

Glad you like it. It is a quick finisher too. Ready from grain to glass in 3 weeks easy.

So I am seriously considering one of your 10 gallon pots here and have a restaurant supply store very close. They carry Royal Industries stainless stock pots but claim to have a 3 ply 4mm aluminum clad bottom. Your pot sounds better and for just a few $$ more. Are you familiar with the pots I describe? I just sold some cigars (big cigar guy) so I'll have money shortly.

I'm not trying to undermine you by any means. I'm just curious if I should buy from you or just drive 5 min to the supply store. I'm sure you understand.

So I am seriously considering one of your 10 gallon pots here and have a restaurant supply store very close. They carry Royal Industries stainless stock pots but claim to have a 3 ply 4mm aluminum clad bottom. Your pot sounds better and for just a few $$ more. Are you familiar with the pots I describe? I just sold some cigars (big cigar guy) so I'll have money shortly.

I'm not trying to undermine you by any means. I'm just curious if I should buy from you or just drive 5 min to the supply store. I'm sure you understand.

the 10 gallon pots I have are not tri clad.
If a tri clad pot is what your after, buy local.
Cheers
Jay

Thanks for your input. I'll have to check the pot out today while I have some time and see what I think. I may end up buying from you after all because it sounds like your bottom is thicker. Which I figure would be important.

Jaybird- Do you happen to have pictures of the 10 gallon pot? I have keggles myself, however some of my club members might be interested in these.

Hey Jay,
I'm really tempted to pick up a 5 or 6 gallon pot for kitchen and cheesemaking use. Are you shipping UPS or USPS flat rate? If the cost difference to kick it down to chico isn't much, I may have you top me up with some specialty grains.

Hey Jay,
I'm really tempted to pick up a 5 or 6 gallon pot for kitchen and cheesemaking use. Are you shipping UPS or USPS flat rate? If the cost difference to kick it down to chico isn't much, I may have you top me up with some specialty grains.

let me see what the 6 gallon weighs full and I will shoot you a PM.
:off:
Hay we need to talk about those tanks you have. PM me your phone # I'll call you later on this eve.
Maybe I can deliver the pot and grain? If you have BEER LOL

Jay,
What are the inside diameters of the 7 & 8 gallon pots?
Thanks
David
14.5 dia x 12" deep is the 8 gallon. I am out of the 7 at the moment. Should see those in about 4-5 days.

Pics or reviews of Pots? What are the handles like?
handles are installed w/ rivits.
Lots of people here in the north state use this kettle. Good quality, not top notch. But at the price people really like em'

Did you say you can put ball valves on these? Depending on the price I may pick one of these up with a ball valve and false bottom for a mash tun

Jay,
Just wanted to say thanks for the great piece of gear! It showed up this afternoon right as I finished the build on my RIMs system. I can't wait to brew on it, hopefully tomorrow or Friday I will get that blonde kit you sent done and fermenting.

Thanks again! and for all of those considering picking one up - I would. jay is a great guy to deal with. here is a pic of my kettle (I threw a sight glass on it just to see if it would work with the 3pc valve and thermometer - and it does!)

kettle.jpg

Jay,
Just wanted to say thanks for the great piece of gear! It showed up this afternoon right as I finished the build on my RIMs system. I can't wait to brew on it, hopefully tomorrow or Friday I will get that blonde kit you sent done and fermenting.

Thanks again! and for all of those considering picking one up - I would. jay is a great guy to deal with. here is a pic of my kettle (I threw a sight glass on it just to see if it would work with the 3pc valve and thermometer - and it does!)

Very Nice!!!
I like the sight glass addition. Had I known I would have drilled the thermo hole about 3" to one side. Oh well we live and learn.
Thanks for the comments my friend.... Let me know what you think of the beer once you get it brewed.
Cheers
Jay

Had I known I would have drilled the thermo hole about 3" to one side.

You know, I think it looks pretty cool with the sight glass going over the thermometer. It fits perfectly, I thnk there is about 1/16th of an inch between them and it doesn't interfere with reading the temps. :mug:

So I am going to blow out all my pots that I have on hand to make room for a shipment.
These are a great pot at a KILLER price as they were but I need to get another shipment coming and I mean why not. I have a very limited supply at the moment.

2, 6 gallon on hand.... Sale price $39.99 + shipping (I do have 1 of these without a lid -5% less)

3, 7 gallon on hand.... Sale price $53.99 + shipping (I do have 1 of these without a lid -5% less)

4, 8 gallon on hand.... Sale price $74.99 + shipping

I am out of the 10 gallon as I have been selling a bunch of those. And my vendor is also out at the moment.

I can, as always drill them for your bulkhead or set them up for you w/ the weldless kit installed.

If you buy the weldless kits from me I will drill them for free.
If not I will drill them for $2.50 a hole

I can set you up w/ a weldless thermo kit w/ or without the thermometer. (The nuts and the washers)
PM me w/ any questions.

I do have 1, 10 gallon pot that we welded on that buckled a little during welding. Very usable w/ a full coupling and a 1/2 coupling welded in. It is not perfect I will tell you that. It has a little pitting in the welds and like I said buckled the side wall a tad. Still in great usable shape but I just cant sell it as a perfect kettle. It does not have a lid, would make a great 10 gallon boil kettle. The 10 gallon pot is $105.95 and $40 to do the welding + shipping (around $155.00.... I will let this pot go for $100.00 shipped to your door.

Cheers
Jay

Just PM'ed you with request to purchase the 10 Gallon pot with buckled wall for $100.00. I can post payment via PayPal or Credit Card. I would really like to get this pot at the price listed.

Salute! :mug:

Jay,
If you have a 6 gallon left I would definately be intersted in one. Let me know and I will send the $.
Thanks,
Joel

Jay - I just kegged the Blonde kit you sent with my kettle. I can't wait for that to carb up - the "sample" I puled tasted awesome. I think this might be the one my wife will drink alot of.

I'll be taking the kettle to the mountain house this weekend for a brew day with some friends. Looking forward to showing it off :ban:

Thanks again!

Jay - I just kegged the Blonde kit you sent with my kettle. I can't wait for that to carb up - the "sample" I puled tasted awesome. I think this might be the one my wife will drink alot of.

I'll be taking the kettle to the mountain house this weekend for a brew day with some friends. Looking forward to showing it off :ban:

Thanks again!

My pleasure! Glad the Beach Blonde is turning out. Its a great summer, easy drinking, pound a lot of, kind of beer!
Cheers
Jay

Back