My Basement/Rec Room Induction Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwjames47

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my brewing rig and a list of components.

The heat sources are 2 MaxBurton 1800 watt. Induction Cook Tops
My brew pot is a 30 qt. sauce pan, mash tun is a 48qt. cooler with a cpvc manifold. The pot has a stainless valve with pickup tube and everything is plumbed with camlock stainless fittings. Out of the pot I have a chugger pump hooked up to a Blichman Hop Rocket from there into a long 30 plate Duda Diesel chiller. So far I like this setup very much, I am now currently batch sparging and will probably stick with that. My procedure is to fill up my pot from the sink with a silicone hose attached directly to the out on the pump. The pot can be filled to the brim and when the water gets to the upper 170 range I pump it into the tun. Refill the pot about halfway to heat my sparge water.

GW

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102621&stc=1&d=1361384863

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Huh. I've never seen anyone use a sauce pan for brewing before. What kind of evaporation rates are you getting with that setup?

that is some crazyness with the pan, i love that! not gonna lie... boilovers would scare the **** out of me :mug:.

that is some crazyness with the pan, i love that! not gonna lie... boilovers would scare the **** out of me :mug:.

With the two cook tops running at max I am able to get a decent rolling boil but have not had a boil over yet and I get a good hot break. You don't even want to put a lid on this however. :) You also have to be careful to stir slowly and avoid any tidal wave effect and definitely no whirlpooling. I run the mash tun directly into the pot via the outlet valve and keep it right up to the lip during the hr. plus boil. When it boils down about 1/2" from max level it translates into about 5.5 gallons in the fermenter after it passes through the hop rocket and the chiller plate.

GW

I have been considering an induction burner. in general are you happy with the max Burton ?

Latest posts

Back