Experiment with coopers kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowtires

Reaction score
Just brewer a coopers kit from the grocery store, i picked up the Canadian blonde and brew enhancer 1.
I have 3 lb of hope cascade centennial and zeus so i just dumped about 2 liters worth of hops into a bucket, boiled a kettle of water and dumped that in along with the extract and beer enhancer (dextrose and dme) stired with the hops for a about 5 minutes then topped up with cold water and dumped it into a carbiy while straining thr hops out (dried lesf hops)
Hoping to add some freshness and stomas to male fast light beers inbetween my ag batches. I also used nottingham yeast instead of the mcoopers. Chers

Also i will fix all my spelling errors when i ge to a computer. The iphone app doesnt let me see what im typing after a certain amount of lines.

Cooper's BE1 is dextrose & maltodextrin. You need the BE2 for it to also contain DME. Or did you have a seperate bag of DME? A 2L bottle's worth of hops is going to be several ounces worth. I hope you like hoppy beers.

Ahh im sure your right about that, and yes i do like hoppy beers, not so much the bitterness as the flavours and aromas

since you didn't boil with your hops you'll only really get big aroma, with possibly a little bit of flavour, absolutely no bittering. I'm assuming that this was your intention as your fermentable addition, other than the Canadian Blonde kit can, wasn't adding any sweetness and body.

Back