Carbing root beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstreetbrew

Reaction score
I'm playing around with force carbing for the first time. I was wondering when I was done with the force carb processes do I need to keep the keg hooked up to dispense the root beer or will it have enough co2 to pump it out with out going flat. Or do I just need to keep it hooked at 10 psi for serving

You need to keep the co2 hooked up, although you might get a couple of glasses with the co2 in the tank. My soda is at 30 psi. If you turn it down to serve, make sure you turn it back up or the soda will go flat.

So turn it Down to serve then when I'm done turn it back up to let it rest? Also what do you know about counter pressure bottle fillers, is there a cheaper way to fill bottle from the keg or is that the best way to go.

Ideally you will have the proper length and ID tubing to always have the proper carbonation while serving without excess foaming. The trick is hitting the proper resistance for the carbonation level and temperature.

However, it's often much easier to turn the pressure down during a party and then turn it back up for when it's going to sit for a while.

Do a search for BMBF. It's a handy, cheap, homemade bottle filler that works pretty well.

Dstreetbrew said:
So turn it Down to serve then when I'm done turn it back up to let it rest? Also what do you know about counter pressure bottle fillers, is there a cheaper way to fill bottle from the keg or is that the best way to go.

I have a counter pressure bottle filler. It works good. I also went the route of using a picnic tap with the tube you usually use for bottling attached to it. It work good as well and only cost me $5 or less. There's a couple good videos on YouTube. Check them out.

Back