Tap A draft Bottles for fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPD

Reaction score
purchased a Tap a draft system and find I really do not like it. I like bottles and will bear the drudgery of bottling to be able to go down to the beer fridge and choose from 6 or 8 different beers. Was wondering if anyone has used those brown 1.25 gallon TAD bottles as a fermenter or a secondary for small batches? seems like an easy conversion for recipes by just quartering them (hop adjustments understood). and bottling a twelve pack up to a case is much easier

I suppose anything is possible, but I would think it would be kind of a pain--if anything because those stupid blue bottles won't stand up by themselves, and if you lay them down, they might leak.

Wait--you're talking about the brown ones. Those do stand up I think. Okay. That should work better, I'd think.

The brown ones do stand and the center is raised similar to soda bottles. Am most interested in using them for small batches of beers that I know I will be the only one drinking, stouts, porters, strong ales and some experiments. I have them and do not want to just let them sit and if they can be used I do not need to purchase small glass or Better bottles

Back