Star Wars VII

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weirdboy said:
Disney is also responsible for the recent Marvel stuff like Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and Avengers. Those weren't anywhere near as bad as anything Lucas has directed in recent years.

This is why I have my hopes up. In fact Iron Man was downright great. Star Wars peaked with ESB, you know it, i know it and the American people know it.

kombat said:
Wow. That seems unnecessarily harsh. He's a real person, you know. If you ran into him on the street, would you say such things to his face?

Why?

Because he made a movie you didn't like?

What if he wrote a book you didn't like? Or painted a picture you didn't like? Would you still call him a "rich ugly guy" who looks "bored and gay?"

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you?

THEY'RE MOVIES. If he likes the films he made, but you don't, why would you literally "hate" him? Do you understand how silly that sounds? Why would you hate someone who makes are you don't like? To be clear - it's not offensive to you. You just didn't like the movies. Doesn't GL have the right to make whatever films he wants? Just like YOU do?

This is insane.

What sounds silly is this rebuttal. Are you familiar with cheezy?

The entire franchise should have ended with 1983's Return Of The Jedi......The prequals just ruined a perfecty fine original trilogy.........

dstranger99 said:
The entire franchise should have ended with 1983's Return Of The Jedi......The prequals just ruined a perfecty fine original trilogy.........

"Mitichlorians." 'Nuff said.

If you think Return of the Jedi is good, that's fine I get that; but you're wrong and I hate you.

If you think Return of the Jedi is good, that's fine I get that; but you're wrong and I hate you.

The ewok's ruined it for me, but the beginning & ending of the film was fine..Lucas just really screwed himself in the middle of the film with those ewok's, he made the same blunder with Jar Jar Binks in "Phantom Menace"....

I'll admit I have a soft spot for the Ewoks, but that's probably because I was very young when I first saw that movie, and you know how little kids are with things that look like teddy bears.

i think disney should hand this project over to marvel.. eventhough disney own marvel they still let marvel do there own thing without interfering much.. i think thats due to pixars president which is also president of disneys studios.. i think he understands that artistic and creative differences are a good thing and lead to better results.. especially when you have oppisite genre's involved!!
:mug:

Completely agree with Cambone here, The original trilogy peaked at episode V. here's my theory. Episode IV was awesome and a gamble, the producers knew it was a good story but weren't sure if there was enough of a market for this 'sci-fi' stuff. A New Hope proved itself at the box office and so they made Empire Strikes back but actually gave it a respectable budget. By now Star Wars was a 'thing' and the studio was raking in the money. Return of the Jedi was given carte blanche and Lucas decided the movies needed to be lighter and we got stuck with cheesy droid comic relief, but all in all not a terrible movie. Episodes I-III are best summed up by this little diddy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed them all for what they were, a way to kill a couple hours in front of a screen.

Never did get all that deep into it.

I grew up with Star Wars and have always loved it, so I'm excited...just hope I don't get disappointed again. In the meantime, I'm far more excited about The Hobbit.

Bensiff said:
I grew up with Star Wars and have always loved it, so I'm excited...just hope I don't get disappointed again. In the meantime, I'm far more excited about The Hobbit.

Boom. My thoughts exactly. Well said.

I never understood the political machinations in Ep. I. Sure, I knew that the Emperor was trying to create a crisis, etc., but I had trouble with the details. I figured everyone else got it and I was just missing something, which is why I really loved the Plinkett reviews.

Regarding those machinations, he says, "Well, that don't make no sense," and "instead, the Emperor does the exact opposite of what will advance his plan," and "See what I mean? How it sounds like an 8-year-old wrote it?" That made me feel better.

JonM, Thank you for showing me those reviews. I'm suprised I hadn't seen them before but my life is richer having seen them.

Might I submit a shorter video on how to fix just Episode I

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That seems unnecessarily harsh. He's a real person, you know. If you ran into him on the street, would you say such things to his face?

Why?

Because he made a movie you didn't like?

What if he wrote a book you didn't like? Or painted a picture you didn't like? Would you still call him a "rich ugly guy" who looks "bored and gay?"

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you?

THEY'RE MOVIES. If he likes the films he made, but you don't, why would you literally "hate" him? Do you understand how silly that sounds? Why would you hate someone who makes art you don't like? To be clear - it's not offensive to you. You just didn't like the movies. Doesn't GL have the right to make whatever films he wants? Just like YOU do?

This is insane.

To be fair, the guy is a real life assbag.

To be fair, the guy is a real life assbag.

:drunk:

No really, just because George Lucas is SO cocky and condescending in interviews doesn't mean that we should be judgemental.

I don't think I would say anything to George's face if I met him.

I would probably do my best to urinate or defecate on him.

I'm not familiar with episodes I,II,III...they never happened.

Disney can only improve the situation

Maybe we will all get lucky and Disney will adopt Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy" for the next three movies...

I'm not holding my breath.

I can't be anything but excited for more lightsabers on the big screen.

Maybe we will all get lucky and Disney will adopt Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy" for the next three movies...

I'm not holding my breath.

Disney already stated that the storylines will be originals, and as far as George Lucas is concerned none of the Expanded Universe is canon to his Star Wars.

Grew up a Star Wars geek, so my favoritism sits with the first 3. I'm hoping (read: PRAYING) that Disney gets this right. A proper storyline with character development is all I ask...and perhaps a moment where someone isn't whipping out a Lightsaber every 3 seconds...

Disney already stated that the storylines will be originals, and as far as George Lucas is concerned none of the Expanded Universe is canon to his Star Wars.

This is true.

In fact, George had more or less written a third trilogy a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. (Well, a long time ago, anyway.)

They might use that to kickstart the writer's creative process. But they've already stated that it will be a new script, and continue where VI ended. Obviously they can't use Hammil, Ford, Fisher, etc. as main characters. But they might use them in cameo roles, depending on how far in the future the story takes place.

I just have to laugh at the news sites who are polling people to cast the original SW characters with current actors. They aren't going to write with those characters in mind. This story happens AFTER ep VI. The original characters are more than likely going to be old, like their original cast members, if not long dead.

I'm just hoping for some more cool sci-fi stuff that I can geek out on. I just ordered a sonic screwdriver screwdriver that I can make into a tap handle. I'd love for a suitable SW item to get popular. The lightsabers all either look cheap, or are really expensive. And I could never decide which one to use anyway.

I just hope for no inconsistent crapola.

The "new" episodes are almost cartoonish compared to the fairly serious approach to physics, etc. that the originals took.

When Annikan jumps down 5 freaking stories in mid flight to land on a speeding speeder thingy flying along 5 stories below, my mind rejected it.

Falling 5 stories would kill anyone. I know he is a budding Jedi, but my mind screamed BULLSPIT!!!

Lucas: "Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" ...because the price is right.

Lucas: "I'm doing this so that the films will have a longer life." ...and because I need to fund my retirement.

He was tired of being labeled a sell-out, now he's just solidified what a true whore he is.

I just hope for no inconsistent crapola.

The "new" episodes are almost cartoonish compared to the fairly serious approach to physics, etc. that the originals took.

When Annikan jumps down 5 freaking stories in mid flight to land on a speeding speeder thingy flying along 5 stories below, my mind rejected it.

Falling 5 stories would kill anyone. I know he is a budding Jedi, but my mind screamed BULLSPIT!!!

but luke's fall in cloud city was completely plausible?

but luke's fall in cloud city was completely plausible?

Luke just fell, and he didn't land on his feet.

Puberty Vader calculated a 5 story fall from a train leaving wherever TF heading south at 45 mph onto another train travelling sxsw at 48mph and landed on his feet. That is 1 example. It is all super BS.

Back