Is this normal looking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapbrew13

Reaction score
Made a 1800ml starter for london ale 1028 that ran for 18 hours and dumped it in after my wort dropped to 68. The question is, why is it at the bottom of the fermenter? Is that yeast? Is this normal behavior? Thanks..

IMG_20110611_gd.jpg

What are we looking at? Has the beer fermented yet? If this is a fully fermented beer, it could be the yeast. If it's not, it could be just break and trub.

Moar pictures pls.

What are we looking at? Has the beer fermented yet? If this is a fully fermented beer, it could be the yeast. If it's not, it could be just break and trub.

Moar pictures pls.

This beer is a few hours old. Is the cream colored stuff at the bottom the yeast from the starter? Thanks...

I'd guess it was just the trub. There's plenty of trub in starters (assuming you didn't filter it or anything), so I would just let it sit. The yeast are probably acclimating or reproducing right now, which is why you aren't seeing any real action.

Back