Carbonation problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandrobs

Reaction score
I bottled the batch last week. (Jamils evil twin). I used priming sugar in my bottleing bucket like the recipet called for , but when i tasted the first beer it was flat. Super flat. Can anyone help.

Give it time. One week is usually not sufficient time for carbonation. Depending on the OG of the brew, and the yeast itself, carbonation times can vary. If you brewed a 1.090 monster, it would take a lot longer to carbonate than would a 1.035 brew.

I bottled the batch last week. (Jamils evil twin). I used priming sugar in my bottleing bucket like the recipet called for , but when i tasted the first beer it was flat. Super flat. Can anyone help.

How much sugar added to how many gallons of beer did you use?

Give it another 2 weeks. The general rule of thumb is 3 weeks, but as it was already said, if you brewed a big beer, you will have to wait longer. Don't listen to recipe times, they are almost always wrong.

Back