Hello From Az

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldedustygoat

Reaction score
Hello all, after browsing and combing this great site for about a year I finally decided to join. The wealth of info here is amazing, and really helped convince me that I too could brew...I am only doing extract(dry) for now, but as with most I plan to upgrade in the future...I look forward to being a part of the community!:mug:

Thanks!:D I know the homebrew scene is getting pretty big here..I'm actually VERY rural, but I listed Phoenix for anti "where the heck is that?" reasons lol...but I'm thinking of trying to join a club in the city sometime soon!:rockin:

AZ, you are indeed pretty rural! I am simply out in the sticks myself, DustyGoat, where are you at?

Look into ASH, I am a fine upstanding [cough] member there.
Maybe I will see you at the April meeting, look for my logo on a shirt.
<--------------------------<<<<<

azscoob said:
AZ, you are indeed pretty rural! I am simply out in the sticks myself, DustyGoat, where are you at?

Maybe I will see you at the April meeting, look for my logo on a shirt.
<--------------------------<<<<<

Lol, I am actually over near Florence...that prob won't seem too rural to you being in Maricopa, but most ppl from the valley look at me and say"where?"....actually that is the club I was thinking about...are you guys mostly all grain or would a newb like me fit in? : ) thanks... Hbt Android

Scoob, do you need a sponsor to attend a meeting? I've not checked out the site much yet.

Lol, I am actually over near Florence...that prob won't seem too rural to you being in Maricopa, but most ppl from the valley look at me and say"where?"....actually that is the club I was thinking about...

Florence, isn't that like North Tucson? :D

Greetings from the NW end of the Valley and welcome to HBT. I too have been thinking of looking in to AHS, perhaps I'll crash April's meeting.

Hey, I'm down here in Tucson. Since there are so many "Zonies" in here, I figured I'd ask. How do you keep your fermenters cool in the summer?

JoeMitchell said:
Hey, I'm down here in Tucson. Since there are so many "Zonies" in here, I figured I'd ask. How do you keep your fermenters cool in the summer?

Nice setup Grain Reaper! I like the collar idea for an upright...right now I am running a kenmore upright with a johnson controls unit...what a savior this has been, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to brew this summer!

you can see in the pic that I popped it off the mounting tabs and gently folded it down against the back wall of the fridge, and removed the flap door for the freezer.

I've got two 8.9cf freezers and both are hooked to their own Johnson Controls A419 didital controller. This way I can ferment 10g at whatever temp I want while I'm crashing another 10g. And I never have to move them from one to the other.

Trace

IMG_0342.jpg

Whutever said:
I've got two 8.9cf freezers and both are hooked to their own Johnson Controls A419 didital controller. This way I can ferment 10g at whatever temp I want while I'm crashing another 10g. And I never have to move them from one to the other.

Trace

That's pretty cool. I wish I had that kind of space.

Hey welcome to HBT! There are quite a few AZ folks on here and we even have a group!

Florence? I will be there May 1 for the Warrior Dash... I'm only running it because SWMBO told me they have free beer there. I'm sure it's going to be BMC crap but free beer is good beer in my book!

Anyway, welcome to the club!

Back