Texas BBQ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
right so there seem to be enough guys from texas here to maybe give me a hint... I had it all planned out with the GF to go to the Country Line BBQ here in Dallas only to find out that they've closed down that location. Anyone know of any outstanding BBQ joints in the area?

Peggy Sue's BBQ gets good reviews but I've never been there.

I usually go to spring creek bbq on 75 and beltline.

Dallas really isn't BBQ country. (Lived there for 10 years).

That said, the best I can remember (and it's been a few years since I've been) was Holy Smokes on Hillcrest just north of Loop 12.

oh, thats really close to me, there's one just north of the DFW airport (i'm just east of DFW Airport). I'm going to check out peggy sue's tonight, maybe next month try Hard Eight

oh, thats really close to me, there's one just north of the DFW airport (i'm just east of DFW Airport). I'm going to check out peggy sue's tonight, maybe next month try Hard Eight

be sure to post your thoughts on Peggy Sue's. I've wanted to try it but have never gotten around to it :cross:

FWIW, I went to SMU and ate a Peggy Sue's exactly two times.

I'll give you a review on Peggy Sue's: meh. Not great, not bad, may as well go to Dickies (also rates a meh).

I also hear great things about Hard 8. Pick up some Dublin Dr. Pepper while you're in the area if you go to Stephenville (spend the extra on the glass bottles).

I've been comparing reviews of Hard 8 and Peggy Sue's and its looking like Hard 8 is a LOT better viewed by the folks online. I'll leave it up to the GF.
Although now i'm not even sure if i'll go tonight. The damn nerves in my back are tweaking out again, I got a cortisone shot Sunday that worked for about 48 hours but now its back to constant stabbing pain...
I think BBQ might help though... somehow...
Thanks for the heads up on Hard 8, its looking like my first choice more and more.

right so there seem to be enough guys from texas here to maybe give me a hint... I had it all planned out with the GF to go to the Country Line BBQ here in Dallas only to find out that they've closed down that location. Anyone know of any outstanding BBQ joints in the area?

Head north on I-35 to Kansas City. :D

If you are in Fort Worth, check out Railhead. they are just west of downtown off of I30, they are my favorite TX BBQ

Back