Cruising to Victoria BC, then Juneau Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo brewer

Reaction score
Some friends and family are taking a 10 day Alaska Cruise in a week.

We have time in Victoria BC. Does anyone have 1st hand experience of a good brewpub in Victoria?

Of course, when in Juneau I have to visit the Alaskan Brewery.

You'll be landing at Ogden Point near the harbour in the heart of Victoria so if you want to stay close and not have to go to far here's some stops:

Spinnakers - Great beer on tap and great food, everyone loves Spinnakers (approx 15mins from Ogden Point)

The Canoe Club - Nice atmosphere and close to the water. It's been awhile since I've been, but it's a little more upscale and good food.

Swans - A very intimate pub that's usually packed on a good night, especially when there's a good band playing. I have never had the food there, but the beer was good.

The Sticky Wicket - Classic place to go on a nice sunny day, they have a sweet rooftop patio. Food is usually excellent and great atmosphere.

The first three are brewpubs, where as the fourth is a nice place to get a good beer and eat. I can recommend a lot more, but I don't want to overwhelm you :) If you plan on traveling outside the core of downtown let me know, I can recommend lots more pubs and restaurants. Juneau is cool as well, though I never did get to go to the brewery :(. I did however get to see the ice sculpture festival when I was there.

Thanx,

Sounds like I'll try Spinakers. I am not going for the food - there is plenty on the ship. The cruise lines never have good beer, the best they have is dos equis.

+ 1 for spinnakers,

Also try "Christies the carriage house" Something like 100 beers on tap. I am a big fan of the killer bee brown ale. Also while you are there you could visit Vancouver Island breweries. They make a Herman’s dark lager and piper's pale ale very tasty brews! Enjoy your cruise. When you go through discovery passage you will go over a rock that was blown up by the world’s largest non nuclear explosion!

Back