Da## Meth Heads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly can't go more than a month without hearing at least five stories in the news about them busting another Meth lab in my area... I thought pot was the substance of choice around here...hell, I know of a few farms that will grow a quarter acre of pot just to cover what the soy, corn, and wheat can't cover. But at least if someone is high on weed, the most they are going to do is order a few pizzas and watch TV. I know that is mostly what I did when I used to get high with my friends.

Seeing as how some manufacturers have discovered a quick and dirty method of production, namely putting just a few highly unstable ingredients in a coke bottle and shaking... I think meth is going to be around a looooong time. Also, more people will have coke bottles explode in their faces.

CreamyGoodness said:
Seeing as how some manufacturers have discovered a quick and dirty method of production, namely putting just a few highly unstable ingredients in a coke bottle and shaking... I think meth is going to be around a looooong time. Also, more people will have coke bottles explode in their faces.
Earlier this year a woman was arrested using this method....in a walmart bathroom.

I use adderall several times a week and I have never considered or felt the urge to need something more. It just helps me focus, if I wasn't taking it sometimes I think I'd spend 5 minutes doing a task then leave it half finished because something else had come to my attention hah.

With almost all drugs the immediate, near-term solution (statistically) to the current level of any particular drug's *effects* in society is to get users back off that drug ... with meth that is not the case.

Meth is so addictive with even a single use, that the only solution is to prevent it from ever being tried in the first place ... even more than crack or basing. The "big stick" effect we tend to rely upon with drug abusers does not work here.

Mind you, I'm not saying that prevention is not the most effective course of action for drug abuse overall ... but with regard to existing levels of drug abuse and how it impacts society - getting existing users (think "multiple-offenders") off a drug thereby preventing other illegal addict-behaviors is paramount.

However with meth, society can not wait to "correct" peoples' choice of using.

Meth isn't like any other drug.

When it has you, very little can be done. Its tight grip on users and its horrid effect reminds me of ...

19831__exorcist_l.jpg

Back