So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citra IPA...I based the recipe off some advice Yooper gave me for an APA that I never got to drink because I couldn't cool it due to a stuck CF chiller.

Waiting to pitch my Widmer Bros Drifter clone, Fl ground water is about 89 degrees right now so it's in the ferm chamber.

Just finished up brewing some all grain- Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter. Tried out some new equipment so it didn't go as smooth as I'd like. Only time will tell...

Xpertskir said:
just finished pitching my centennial blonde

Awesome recipe, I will be making 10 gallons of this at the beginning of the month for my sons first birthday party at the end of the month (gotta love how quick of a turnaround this beer is kegged). Great recipe for the BMC crowd.

brewed up the mild ale kit from Northern Brewer while drinking my just ready Urca Dry Dock Vanilla Porter which turned out awesome. All Grain and son of a fermentation chiller changed my life!

Bottled my Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout clone and even green I can tell this beer is going to be fantastic! Also brewed an American Cream Ale just to have something lighter around before it gets cold again. Pretty awesome day with beer as the main topic!

Brewed 8 gallons of the recently published in BYO Magazine "Kick Ass Brown" clone from C.H. Evans brewing today. Was always my favorite beer from the Albany Pump Station so I couldn't resist! I've been on a bit of a streak lately....today was my 5 brew session in 23 days!

koopa said:
Brewed 8 gallons of the recently published in BYO Magazine "Kick Ass Brown" clone from C.H. Evans brewing today. Was always my favorite beer from the Albany Pump Station so I couldn't resist! I've been on a bit of a streak lately....today was my 5 brew session in 23 days!

I thought I was being the man, doing 5 brews in 45 days, tip of the hat to you, sir.

koopa said:

allenH said:
I thought I was being the man, doing 5 brews in 45 days, tip of the hat to you, sir.

I did 7 batches over the course of 2 weekends. They've been in the barrel 4 months now.

jeepinjeepin said:
I did 7 batches over the course of 2 weekends. They've been in the barrel 4 months now.

You must have a super roomy crouch in your shorts, that is being somebody.

Spanking the Wyeast Wednesday for a starter on an Imperial Stout Northern Brew extract kit. Really happy with the Bavarian Hefe..I need some ESB bottles..so, send those MTs my way!! ;)

I'm going to brew a Grapefruit (cascade) French Saison or a 2% root beer any day now. Patiently waiting for some supplies.

I just got everything ready to go, went downstairs to grab a bucket to sanitize and realized my only empty bucket has been dedicated to sours and is unusable for an IPA.

Haha. Guess I'm buying a better bottle tomorrow!

did two batches two weekends ago: My first attempt at a rye and one of the staples here a Belgian wit variation. This past Friday had a brew party with some friends and fixed up a JAOM, (mead) also my first attempt at that. This coming weekend I have an English Brown in my sights. Just need to head out and grab my yeast from the LHBS. Can't wait for these to finish... i'm OUT of my brew, been drinking crappy store bought lately to get by. :(

allenH said:
You must have a super roomy crouch in your shorts, that is being somebody.
They don't make 'em this way. The stretch has to wear in.
trumpetbeard said:
I thought I was productive doing two batches in 5 days! Right on! I have a classic bavarian hefe boiling right now.
It was definitely the exception to the rule. I think I've brewed 2 batches since then...4 months ago.

brewed a 10gallon batch of cream ale - missed OG by 4 points :( and didn't sparge enough so ended up 1/2 gallon short. my siphon somehow broke? the bottom piece came out and it was a royal b*tch to rack to two carboys. I realized i really need to get my sightglass and ball valve installed on my keggle - too damn hard to figure out volumes otherwise! now to decide whether i want to go welded or weldless....

I've been thinking about doing one of these. Is it generally harder to do than other ales?

you know I imagine if you are actually using corn adjuncts it might be but I just have used corn sugar and it turns out great. 13ibus with saaz and cluster. 5.5% alcohol, 2row base with a little bit of 10L crystal for head retention. i use wyeast american lager and ferment it at 60F (traditional way of making american cream ales). Crowd pleaser - BMC fans can't get enough of it and my friends that appreciate finer beers love it too! :mug:

give it a try! just make sure you ferment it in low temps - want a nice clean beer. I let one batch get up to 70F and had way to many off flavors - built a walk in cold room after that. :rockin: happy brewing!

Getting ready to do a Pumpkin Spice Ale within the next couple of days. Probably tomorrow.

My third brew this week is mashing right now. Sunday I brewed a version of my IPA using all Nelson Sauvin hops for flavor/aroma and dry hops, Monday a session Saison, and today a Scottish 80/-. That means I'll have five full fermentors at home by the end of the day (plus the conical in the brew pub with my latest pro-am brew, if it hasn't been kegged already).

Gonna try and knock out 3 brews next week. Hefe, British mild, and a Vanilla bean English Porter. I'm hoping to get to my Coffee Dubbel in sometime in the next 2 weeks as well. An IPA and Pale Ale need to happen soon too. Starting the planning for my big stout for the winter, probably gonna have to do oak chips instead of cubes cause Im cutting super close on time for christmas.

Not brewing unless Hop Union's Citra hops were/are harvested today, and I'm able to get em from my LHBS tomorrow/Sunday. Should be happening any day now. I'm getting anxious.

I will, however, be bottling a Dubbel and racking a Blonde onto strawberries this weekend.

Brewing Yooper's dead guy ale now.
Missed my pre-boil by .005 so decided to go for a 90 minute boil.

image-132156413.jpg

Back