My wife thinks i'm going crazy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard something similar from my wife. So I mostly just do my thing and not talk about it as much around her. She does support my hobby and I try to encourage her encouragement by cleaning up well after myself. If the kitchen is cleaned up she appreciates it.

^+1 to this. One of my homebrew buddies taught me to make sure that you clean up better than you find the brewing area to keep SWMBO happy. Mine now associates me brewing with clean dishes and scrubbed counters and doesn't give me any grief when I brew.

People who golf have the same issue when talking to non-golf.

Now substitute the word golf with fish, run, hunt, play music, do triathlons, play video games, garden, etc., etc. I bet all hobbies are like that.

My wife isn't into brewing, she helped me brew my first few batches but sort of lost interest after that. She listens to me talk about brewing with the kind of glazed look and half hearted interest that only a loving partner can have.

I started going to homebrew club meetings so that at least once a month I can talk about brewing and beer with someone who is actually interested.

Back