Go White Sox!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
G5946A-med.jpg

Falstaff3.jpg

I grew up an Astros fan as a kid (was in the Astrodome the year it opened and saw Don Drysdale lose!), so I'm really hoping for a Sox/'Stros World Series! Gotta get past these Angels first, and they're tough! We're down 0-1! :mad:

Rhoobarb said:
I grew up an Astros fan as a kid (was in the Astrodome the year it opened and saw Don Drysdale lose!), so I'm really hoping for a Sox/'Stros World Series! Gotta get past these Angels first, and they're tough! We're down 0-1! :mad:

And tonight was your Gimme. Good luck!

brewsmith said:
Canada. The Blue Jays are from Toronto :)

Just ONE team? Sounds like 3rd Division Berwick Rangers (the only English team in the Scots league)... Or are the 'Blue Jays' a bunch of entertainers in between play?

Caplan said:
Just ONE team? Sounds like 3rd Division Berwick Rangers (the only English team in the Scots league)... Or are the 'Blue Jays' a bunch of entertainers in between play?

There was once a team known as the Montreal Expos, but no one cared about them and they turned into Washington Nationals.

No extra innings! SOX WIN! :D :drunk: And none of that 'controversy' b#llsh*t! That pitch WAS in the dirt! :mad: And even if it wasn't, it's about time a call went a Chicago team's way! :p

Rhoobarb said:
No extra innings! SOX WIN! :D :drunk: And none of that 'controversy' b#llsh*t! That pitch WAS in the dirt! :mad: And even if it wasn't, it's about time a call went a Chicago team's way! :p

I'm neutral here--(my Brewers were out of contention after the first month), BUT, that ball was NOT in the dirt. Sox got lucky. You hate to see a team lose like that. At any rate--this will be talked about for years to come if the Sox win the series. It will never get mentioned again if the Angels come back. Which won't happen. Sox are a better team IMHO.

A buddy of mine saw the 'controversial call' on his HD TV and he couldn't tell for sure in HD. Moot point now. (Catcher shoulda tagged A.J. anyway)

It's looking like it's gonna be the Astros and the White Sox, which will be a geat Series. My favorite team as a kid ('Stros) and my favorite team now. :D

WHERE ARE ALL THE ASTROS FANS?!

This is an especially meaningful World Series for me. Growing up a huge Astros fan as a child, then being transplanted in my junior high school years to the Chicago area, I really want my Sox to win. But, should it happen that they lose (which they won’t :D ), I'd be glad to see the Astros reign as World Champions!

You know... I have never liked baseball (heck, I don't really care for any mainstream sport, give me a good Muay Thai or Pankration bout any day), but I actually found a way that I can stand to watch baseball.

See... you open up the major league baseball site and they have a java thing going on wherein they show where each hit scores, and what is going on, the face of the batter and the pitcher, so you can watch all the numbers WITHOUT having to actually watch the players! It was great, just like watching my characters in Progress Quest.

But then the Astros lost... oh it was so embarassing, they got raped in one inning. Oh well (last night, that is). Now with the games at 3-0, they're gone.

Do people still play baseball? I thought it was a dead sport... like Tachtli or jai alai.

*runs away after poking sleeping giant with sharp stick*

:p

I tend to take that perspective as well kornkob. I mean... man wacks ball with stick, man runs, people run around 'bases', man throws ball, man wacks with stick... etc etc.

Where's the blood? That is all I want to know, where's the blood? If there isn't at least some blood involved then I lose interest rather quickly, which is why I like Pankration and Thai kick boxing, now THAT is fun to watch.

Back