Where to buy Galaxy hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty2324

Reaction score
Want to know if anyonne has found a US source for purchasing Galaxy hops. These sound like they are an incredibly interesting hop, and I'd like totry them, but can't find a source.

It's an Australia/New Zealand hop that I don't think I've come across, although I couldn't be sure.

Here is a link for an Australian site that is selling them if you really want them...

Galaxy Hops

I guess that patience is a virtue...... Over a year later I'm tooling around on Hops Direct and I find that they have them by the pound. Order placed...... can't wait to try these out in a pale ale.

I'll update on the results.

I've tasted a Galaxy DIPA at Hillfarmstead not too long ago. These hops are amazing. They're really tropical and remind of pineapple and mango, I'd love to find some too!

I think Hops Direct ships to Canada.... I priced these out when I thought I'd have to buy them from Oz.... would have been like $80-100/lb for these with shipping. I'm gladly paying $21/lb including shipping.

I'll have to check that out, living in Canada is a pain sometimes. Almost everything interesting that can be bought online from the states will be taxed at the customs. Why!! :(

I had the privilege of drinking a few 'galaxy' brews with the brewmaster of pub in Sydney last year. He was a big fan of using them throughout the boil. And he made some excellent brews.

He gave me about 4oz to bring back to the states, but I panicked before going through customs (had to first go to Argentina & Brazil and was worried about whether they would believe me what they were!) and threw them out -- I know, PARTY FOUL!!!

Thankfully, my LHBS - South Bay Brewing Supply in Torrance, CA - now has them! Going to be doing a pale with them on sunday. Can.not.WAIT!

I got an email today from Rebel Brewer saying they're getting Aussie and NZ hops in, including Galaxy. Maybe check them out?

Anything to compare them to? I'm on a simcoe kick right now, but would love to expand my horizons a bit.

As some have said, Citra is in that realm. Simcoe has a bit of pineapple, yeah? If so, then it's in that realm too. But there is this bit of passionfruit that comes through in Galaxy that I don't get from others.

Give it a whirl...maybe do a single-hop simcoe & a single-hop galaxy to see how they truly vary...

Actually, it sort of sounds like they would compliment each other well being the kind of aromas/tastes they have. I may very well have to do two SMaSHs.

UPDATE: My Galaxy Pale is 7 days into fermentation, and the passionfruit notes are most definitely coming through. It's currently sitting at 5.2% and tapering off. Should be one tasty brew soon!

I made an all Galaxy IPA and it's great! A couple people said it was the best beer I've ever made. The smell is incredible! I love simcoe, but Galaxy is my new favorite.

Backporchbrewery said:
I made an all Galaxy IPA and it's great! A couple people said it was the best beer I've ever made. The smell is incredible! I love simcoe, but Galaxy is my new favorite.

Nice!

Truly can't wait til mine is ready. Went very simple on the malts and kept the yeast clean (WLP01) so the galaxy can really have a chance to shine!

I just dry hopped 2 oz of Galaxy in my Galaxy APA. I used about .5oz of Warrior for my 60 min, then added lots of Galaxy late. A sample I took last night was outstanding. Same with me on the grain bill and yeast, kept it nice and clean. Just from what I've experienced so far, Galaxy is going to be used heavily by me for some time.

Anyone know of a place that has these in stock right now? I'm only looking for a few ounces but can't find them anywhere (except for Northern Brewer which wants over $11 for shipping). Any help is appreciated, thanks!

NB, MoreBeer, Rebel, and LabelPeelers are all sold out! This hop ROCKS my Session IPA and Black IPA, so now I'm going through withdrawals. Anyone have any leads or know where to get rhizomes for this beaut?

I got them on Niko. I would have horded them, but I'm already hording the chinook and glacier whole cone, so I'll refrain on galaxy...for now lol

Seems that now Niko and Farmhouse are sold out too. There's a seller on Amazon with it... might have to get 'em.

Decided not to pay a fortune on Amazon, so found Topaz on Bell's and am begrudgingly going to substitute. Fingers crossed!

Back