New Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
I just got my first conical (14.7 gallons) fermenter and we will be brewing a stout this Friday. I got it all put together and now it is kind of like the Buddha, short, fat doesn't move and I worship it. Any way I was hoping to get some input, mistakes to avoid and general advice from all of you that have one.

Thanks,

pnh2atl

The obvious stuff - sanitize, check for leaks, clean to make sure no manufacturing gunk left on it.

Enjoy it!

For my Blichman I purchased a new socket to I could tighten the nut for the bottom valve.
This socket is only used for the conical.

I extended a freezer out about 36" and then reattached the door to the extension. There is a picture in my gallery. Sits right in there and I tape the temp prob to the fermenter. Works good.

I have a fridge with a two stage controller and a fermwrap. Now I can heat and cool at same time. I love the fact I can do lagers in the summer time.

Back