another Turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JnJ

Reaction score
I saw the other thread about the fryer at Wal-Mart, but the wife decided to get me one at Academy. It was more then the Wal-Mart one ($68), but I like some of the features. It has a 30qt Stainless Steel pot, and the burner framing is all stainless steel and very sturdy and big. Plus the burner is rated at 150,000 BTUs!
Here is a look.
turkey_fryer.jpg

The burner looks like the Bayou Classic burner I have, just mine is black. It is also 150K BTU, you will never regret the investment. I can get 5 Gal to boil in under 10 minutes at full flame.

I've seen those before but unfortunately I don't have an Academy store near by and they don't ship .... That's a pretty good deal. Especially since it has the stainless pot.

This in fact a Bayou Classic burner I find that Bayou Classic makes a whole lot of burners for a lot of different sellers. This particular burner is one of their best unit because of the 150,000 btu rating and because of the all stainless stand. I have one of these in my collection of 8 or 9 burners and it is only surpassed by the Bayou Classic burner "kick a Banjo burner" also known as a KAB4 this burner has a rating of 210,000 btu's and will take out your nose hair at 30 yards!!! It will also boil 10 gal of wort in 7 min from 68 to 70 degree water. I'm degressing, the unit in question is a great deal a $68.00 keep it!!!!!!:mug:

Great deal. I have that exact model. I use it to boil a keg of water the night before I brew. Takes about 45 minutes to bring ~14gal of 60 degree water to a boil.

mmmmm can't wait to go shopping for fryers tomorrow when they go on sale and I get my double employee discount *rubs hands gleefully*

Back