Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 14 years ago I had a beer in France called "Americas Best". It was all star spangly red white and blue and caught my eye because ... well ... Merica!

It tasted like rotten tomato juice. It was beyond terrible. Out of pure patriotism I chugged it without complaint. The memory of that vile batch is burned into my soul for eternity.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Cave Creek Chili Beer

I'm definitely not a fan of chilis, but this beer was just downright nasty.

Why did I buy a Dundee sampler pack? It's awful. They all taste the same.

Am I missing something? They taste like a couple Turkish beers I had overseas...those used sorghum, so a different flavor was to be expected. This just sucks.

[T]hen I saw a beer with my favorite letters on it; IPA. Yes! I thought, so I got a 12 pack and raced back to the cabin. to make this long story short, it almost ruined my vacation. ALEXANDER KEITH'S INDIA PALE ALE. this was the worst beer i've ever had. to even call it a Pale Ale is a crime, let alone and ALE. it tasted like a labbat filtered through a baby's diaper.

I made the mistake of falling for a twelve pack of Alexander Keith's Hop Series sampler pack, which included 3 bottles of three different single-hop beers (Cascade, Galaxy and Hallertauer) plus three bottles of their "IPA". This is the one brewer in the entire world that can make Bud Light look good. It was a terrible, awful and downright criminal affront to call any of it "beer". And that fact that it cost me $25 CAD only added insult to series injury...

Same one I quoted a year or two back in this thread. I think your description is a bit generous, though, unless the horse in question just drank industrial waste and has a preexisting bladder infection.

Oh, lord! If only i didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read this post! My IT department is going to very, very upset at my spew-ruined monitor! (Good thing I have two...)

For me the worst I can name are the Voodoo donuts Rogue Maple bacon ale..burnt tobacco in an ashtray filled with maple syrup..

And Swill by 10 barrell..tastes like the aftertaste from throwing up after too much drinking!

Wow, I quite enjoy Dos Equis on tap at my local Mexican restaurant. If I had a choice between that and BMC the Dos wins hands down. Now on to a truly disgusting beer, try (or don't) some Victory Golden Monkey. Imagine sticking a straw into your yeast cake and sucking in a mouthful of trub.

Agree with the Dos Equis statement. Disagree with the Victory, Golden Monkey is one of my favorites!

Funny how people can have such wildly different tastes.

Seriously...have you looked at the ratings for Dundee on Ratebeer and BeerAdvocate?

What the hell is this taste???

I've never poured out beer. Ever. I can guarantee that I won't make it through this ****.

I definitely taste something funny in a coors i dont know what it is but i hate it and will never drink that crap unless my keg runs out at the party and that's all that's left in the cooler and the chick im trying to impress wants to continue on at a lame coors only party...

Harpoon Chocolate Stout. No question in my mind.

Tasted like they added chocolate syrup. I only had the 1 sixer. Maybe a bad batch?

The worst commercial beer I have ever had in the United States is Coors. And the worst thing about it is that this is the first beer I ever tasted. I was 16 or 17 and I thought "My god, what the hell are people raving about beer tasting good?!" Lucky for me, Coors did not turn me off from beer forever. I still maintain that Coors is the worst beer that you can easily get in the States. I had drank it more times after that time when I was 16, but I can say that the last time I had it was probably about 10 years ago (I'm in my low 30s now).

For the worst beer I ever had period, it was this South Korean very cheap low-malt beer my girlfriend at the time bought (because it was cheap) when I lived in Japan (for about 10 years). In Japan, beers fall into different tax categories depending on how much malt are in them. Legally Japan won't consider something a beer unless it is at least 67% malt. So a lot of companies advertise that their beers "Taste like beer!" (because in Japan they legally cannot be called beer unless they are 67% malt of higher). Some of these contain 0% malt and they are usually the worst tasting beers. This particular "beer" imported from South Korea is the worst beer I have ever tasted in my life. Even worse than Coors. I dare say, considerably worse than Coors. Probably used rice instead of malt (rice being the cheapest alternative in most Asian countries).

For me the worst I can name are the Voodoo donuts Rogue Maple bacon ale..burnt tobacco in an ashtray filled with maple syrup..

And Swill by 10 barrell..tastes like the aftertaste from throwing up after too much drinking!

That was worse than Black Label. I expected bad from Black Label, but that Voodoo beer was awful. Thanks for reminding me.

I was recently in the Dominican for a wedding. I ordered a beer at the all-inclusive, expecting the typical Caribbean/Central American style adjunct lager, ice cold, bland but refreshing. They served me Presidente, their national beer. Tasted very sulfury, I figured they must have unlcean beer lines or something gone wrong, it was like drinking something that rotten eggs had sat in. So I went to a different bar, and another after that, and a 4th. Finally after they all tasted awful I switched to mixed blender style drinks and gave up on my search for a drinkable beer for the rest of the week. I knew it was bad when I was relieved to find out one restaurant with an American theme had Budweiser on the menu! I've never been so happy to see a Bud.

Not a great beer for sure, but practically a masterpiece compared to their peanut butter, chocolate, banana beer that was also Voodoo inspired I believe. It tasted kinda artificial and the alcohol burned like cheap hooch. At some point I think they just got too clever with going outside the box. Novelty beer for novelty's sake.

I have to go back to my early drinking days...like when I was 15.. you know when mad dog was considered a fine beverage..it was then I have a few toss ups for crap beer..keystone or Milwaukee's best..are close to I.c. light in my opinion..then pabst

I have to go back to my early drinking days...like when I was 15.. you know when mad dog was considered a fine beverage..it was then I have a few toss ups for crap beer..keystone or Milwaukee's best..are close to I.c. light in my opinion..then pabst

That was probably the age I tried my first beer too, my Dad tended to drink Hamm's, Keystone, or Milwaukee's Best, I could not see why anyone would drink beer after having that stuff. Luckily for me I got into trying imports and eventually micros, and now I am the beergeek you see before you today :)

Im a late bloomer.:( I just started to learn to let out my inner beer geek..now if the idiotic hipsters will kindly leave the tap room.

Was anybody else unfortunate enough to try Keystone Premium? How about that headache? I doubt anybody here choked down enough to experience that. It was BAAAADDD!

Any of the big names with the word ice after it. Man is the average American consumer stupid or what?? Don't like swill? Try our new swill ice!!!

Do they still sell that? I actually like it when it's super cold. I know I shouldn't, but for tailgating it's great because people leave it alone lol.

I haven't seen it around lately, they do pack a nice punch, similar to 211

Clear creek Ice. $9.99 for a 30pk. Figured it was worth a shot for softball beer. After 2 swallows we left it out in the bed of my truck for a week in the sun, then launched cans at a concrete wall and watched them explode.

Carlings Black Label. Even as a teenager with no beer morals and great thirst, that stuff was pure swill which I refused to drink. It was like drinking watered-down hot break revitalized by filtering through trub.

Latest posts

Back