Central Wisconsin Group Buy Ball Lock Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonGrafto

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have been on the lookout for some corny kegs and through a few other posts on here, decided to start my own group buy for kegs here in Wisconsin to see if there is any interest.

These kegs are coming from a main supplier in Forida.

Prices start at $28 per keg plus shipping and could drop even more as we add more quantity. Let me know if you have any ideas and here is what he had quoted me.

"I went ahead and got some pricing details and shipping rates on 4,8, and 20 kegs(which is what fits on a pallet.)

4 kegs @ $28 each + $38 shipping = $150 ($37.50 per keg)
8 kegs @ $28 each + $72 shipping = $296 ($37.00 per keg)
20 kegs @ $27.50 each + $125 shipping = $675 ($33.75 per keg)

I might be able to ship but I would rather have you pick them up from the Fondy area.

I will keep this open for a little while if there is enough interest.

I'm in Green Bay and was actually going to order from this dude as well. I've got a couple other guys interested and was going to grab 9 of them...I would drive down as far as Oshkosh to pick them up if it was enough to get over the pallet-load quantity. To and from FDL is 2+ hours, and not enough of those kegs are for me to make it worthwhile...I don't have enough drinking time as-is.

Otherwise if there are people in the Appleton and northern area, I could be persuaded to up *my* order to a 20-pack. (sorry to threadjack)

I'm in Green Bay and was actually going to order from this dude as well. I've got a couple other guys interested and was going to grab 9 of them...I would drive down as far as Oshkosh to pick them up if it was enough to get over the pallet-load quantity. To and from FDL is 2+ hours, and not enough of those kegs are for me to make it worthwhile...I don't have enough drinking time as-is.

Otherwise if there are people in the Appleton and northern area, I could be persuaded to up *my* order to a 20-pack. (sorry to threadjack)

I think we should be able to find someone to head up to Oshkosh to meet you. If worse comes to worse, I may be able to as well.

JonGrafto said:
I think we should be able to find someone to head up to Oshkosh to meet you. If worse comes to worse, I may be able to as well.

I got a message Friday from McEwer and they are starting to get low on the $28 kegs. If you have a pallet quantity (20) with my 9, I'm in. Otherwise I will plan to put an order in Monday or Tuesday.

I'm in Madison but make my way up to Green Bay quite often. I'll be in for up to 3 if it rounds out the order to a pallet. I can also facilitate delivery to Green Bay for others as well.

I'm in Madison but make my way up to Green Bay quite often. I'll be in for up to 3 if it rounds out the order to a pallet. I can also facilitate delivery to Green Bay for others as well.

I work in Kaukauna so getting to the Oshkosh area after work isn't a huge challenge. And if nothing else, the guy who organizes the keg buy deserves a beer on me...and possibly everyone else.

Assuming everyone who's posted is still in, it looks like this could be a go if JonGrafto is still willing.

I just emailed the distributor this morning to get exact charges. I will update an post the spreadsheet. I will pm the totals over when he responds and we can do PayPal. Please send as a gift so neither of us are charged any fees.

This is that I have so far... Let me know if the quantites have changed.

urbanmyth - 3
Ki-ri-n - 2 or 4
Scotty_g - 9
sgraner - 3
JonGrafto - 1 or 3 depending on Ki-ri-n

Here is the google docs spreadsheet thus-far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqmfhvtDvrp4dHpzS2NXdTdnVzBjbm9kcFA4Smo1TWc#gid=0

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Also if anyone else wants to get in for a second palet, we can do that as long as it equates to 20 more... Thanks!

I have tried to call and email McEver (the distributor) and they have not returned either.
I am not sure why they are not responding?
I will continue to pursue them. I just didnt want anyone to think I was just sitting on my thumbs over here!!!

I just spoke with Fred @ McEver. He said that they are currently out of the kegs right now but he is getting a rather large shipment in on Monday/Tuesday next week.

I will keep in touch with them. Let me know if you guys have any questions or issues.

I would prefer PayPal payment (sent as a gift) but just hold off for a minute until McEver gets back to me. Until then, I think we can still add on and possibly get more people to jump on the group buy if they are still interested.

Thanks!

I am going to kill this buy... I have had no response back from McEwer since he said he would have a "new" shipment this week. If this is any indication of the customer service being provided, I would rather not make the deal. I apologize to those following the thread and I appreciate those who were looking at purchasing these.

I have been calling them and emailing them like crazy also with no luck. Poorly run company, every time I get a live person they can’t believe that the guy who quoted me won’t call me back but they refuse to take the order and won’t help either! If anyone knows of another company please let me know. I am try to get 20-40 kegs myself.

I am going to kill this buy... I have had no response back from McEwer since he said he would have a "new" shipment this week. If this is any indication of the customer service being provided, I would rather not make the deal. I apologize to those following the thread and I appreciate those who were looking at purchasing these.

Thanks for all the work you put in on this buy... shame it didn't work out this time. I'll keep my eyes open if anyone in the area tries something similar in the near future.

I don't know if it makes any difference to any of you, but I emailed McEwer back last week and they said they had a ton of kegs ready to go. I put an order in for 9 because the local guys I was buying with were getting impatient. Still $28 per keg, and shipping was $85 total (two boxes with four, one box with one keg).

They were very pleasant to deal with. The 800 number apparently goes to Fred's house and he answers it when he's having dinner with his family - and he won't do business during dinner. I kind of felt like a tool but they still took my money the next morning.

So, if you felt like you got the run-around, that wasn't my experience at all. Perhaps try again?

The liability with equipment is far greater than with hops.

The difference between a couple of bucks in ingredients, over a couple of hundred (all per person) on some higher dollar stuff is to big of a risk.

We've had them go wrong in the past. Horribly wrong.

Now if you would like to contact a Vendor on site, and ask them to arrange a group buy, no issue. You have resources if anything goes wrong.

The liability with equipment is far greater than with hops.

The difference between a couple of bucks in ingredients, over a couple of hundred (all per person) on some higher dollar stuff is to big of a risk.

We've had them go wrong in the past. Horribly wrong.

Now if you would like to contact a Vendor on site, and ask them to arrange a group buy, no issue. You have resources if anything goes wrong.

Thanks for the clarification.

Back