• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Chicago: All grain setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnibbz

Yeti
Reaction score
I've recently completed the build of my new Kal style electric brewery and now need to free up some space in my basement. I'm located in the far northwest burbs of chicago, and will not be shipping anything.

Included are the following:
Birch plywood stand, finished with spar urethane to protect it until I took up finishing it as a cabinet (obviously never happened). Ready to have some face framing and cabinet doors added...never got around to it. I do not wish to part with the grain mill/motor. The only way I would consider getting rid of them would be for exact replacement cost. The compartments on the right side hold 4 carboys per shelf.

Orange 10 gal rubbermaid HLT with brass ball valve and stainless sparge arm.

White 10 gal igloo MLT with stainless bulkhead/2-piece valve. The false bottom is made out of some sort of plastic. I obtained it from the LBHS about 7 or 8 years ago. It has seen lots of action and most recently a 75% wheat grain bill beer went through it flawlessly. The inner walls are warped a little bit and have been for the last 3 or 4 years. A little rough, but works awesome!

Labatt sankey keg with Bargainfittings sight glass/4" thermometer combo, and 3 piece ball valve and 1/2" male hose barb fitting. The pickup tube is setup for side pickup as I always whirlpooled.

50' x 3/8" copper immersion chiller.

Misc floating dairy thermometers and some random fittings and gaskets.

Turkey fryer burner and 2 propane tanks, one of which I think is half full.

I'm looking to get $400 out of this. When I get home I'll take some more pictures of the chiller and turkey fryer.

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 1.jpg

I forgot, the MLT also has a bargain fittings "new bulkhead" with 4" thermometer installed just below the 4 gallon mark. The picture was from before I added it.

HLT, MLT, sparge arm and burner are sold. I've used the keggle for something else and have the bargainfittings sight glass/4" thermometer weldless combo (with new polycarbonate sight tube) as well as a weldless 3 piece valve and pick up tube. Also have two propane tanks, one of which is in fact almost full.

Make me some reasonable offers...i want this stuff gone. I would prefer not to ship the fittings, but won't rule it out.

Latest posts

Back