Brett Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the Jamil show from a few weeks ago. The Madruga Obscura from Jolly Pumpkin sounds awesome!

I had a Sour stout from lost abbey last weekend, I think the base beer was their Serpents Stout, it was vary interesting. Do you plan on doing an all brett fermentation? or just a secondary brett fermentation?

The jolly pumpkin can you brew it episode was really good if you have not heard it yet. I found Jamil's argument about the roasted barely and the aging process especially interesting.

Cool, I've done my last two batches with Brett.C primary fermentations and am happy how they taste so far. I think I am going to look in to blending Bretts in the near future. I think an all brett stout would be good choice.

Ive brewed all brett L beers before, Ive really enjoyed how they turned out (nice cherry nose) but the ones I blended with a small portion of some year old lambic were the best, the acidity really brought out the flavor

Back