pumpkin cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

typo13

Reaction score
i have a big 10lb pumpkin left over that is in good shape how can i ad this to a cider recipe? should i boil it and put in a straining bag in secondary? or put in primary with campden tablets?

I did a pumpkin cider this fall that turned out awesome.

Here's the thread= https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/pumpkin-apple-cider-ideas-355320/

For raw pumpkin, I would core, seed, chop and cook in microwave for about 15 min. Then peel and cook as you wish (I suggest in a boil with DME and spices).

As you'll see in the thread, the pumpkin was super hard to clear, so when I do it ill put it in straining bags.

It's been my favorite cider yet, so enjoy!

Sounds great i'm going for it this week end. I'll let you know how i make out.

I just racked my pumpkin cider yesterday. I used 12lbs of pumpkin guts from the kids jack-o-lanterns at Halloween. Put it all in a grain bag and boiled in 6 qts of water for an hour. Ended up with 2 gallons of cider. It's pretty clear now, a nice orange color, smells great, tastes good. I just added spices in secondary so I'll see how the finished product comes out soon. Good luck.

Back