A beer show?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radarbrew

Reaction score
Alaska, Honey, there's a moose on the back porch a
How come nobody is doing a show on beer making and visiting homebrewers and such like that? I have seen the "Beerhunter" and it was okay I guess, but with the interest in homebrewing as it is, I would think the Food network or somebody would have a show on it. How would you pitch an idea like that? I read the below thread BTW, and it got me wondering. I know Alton Brown did a show and the Modern Marvels chestnut every beer-related holiday, but come on! Just an idea.

Not quite what I had in mind. Visiting homebrewers in their states, breweries, big and small, kinda a cross between John Ratzenberger meets well, a place where beer is made. You know a show about homebrewers and what they do, some beer history, and people. Maybe that's why I don't make TV shows, but I think it'd be cool.

I can't imagine there would be enough general interest for a Food Network show - but it would make a pretty sweet video podcast.

Beer Nutz is a great show. They have it on the INHD channel in my area. They visit an area and check out the local beer scene - big breweries, micros, homebrewers, authors and bars. They name someone the local beer nut on every episode.

It seems like there is a really limited number if shows. I had it set to record on my DVR and spopped because I'd seen them all at least 5 times. Hopefully they do another season.

A lesser, but still decent show is Three Sheets. It's more about drinking around the world, but beer is well represented.

Back