So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crafting a 3 gal BIAB batch of my 'Sweet Bonnie' cream ale this morning.

A friend of mine threw a little dinner party a few weeks ago and asked me to bring some home brews for his other guests. I had about 5 different ales that peoples sampled, and a few said that the cream ale was some of the best beer they ever tasted. I was then handed donations for my next batch of cream ale, the only requirement being that i bring said cream ale to my friends BBQ in June.

When i started stepping up my batch sizes, one of my intentions was to have a 3 gallon setup that i could bring to parties for people to try.

Its nice when your beer dreams become a reality :)

There's the traditional toast at noon for National Home Brewer's day,so I'll at least be able to raise a glass of HB to the rest of us on this day. I'm still blown away by us getting our own holiday! :ban::mug::ban::cross:

going to gather up the equipment and start some cleaning in a bit, brewing a Two Hearted clone starting around 2pm, showing my family and inlaws (who bought my initial brew kit for me) how I make home brew!! I can't to fire up the burners! The pipeline is starting to get some good brews in it!

For National Homebrew Day I am writing the last research paper of my Master's degree! The brewing will have to wait a week or so. My father in law and I are going to brew something to celebrate graduation, not sure what. I want to do a big beer that will age well so we can do vertical tastings every year.

The weather is crap, SWMBO-1 and SWMBO-2 are out shopping... I'm mashing in a big'ole RIS in my new mash-tun... life is good...!

image-1479650307.jpg

Unable to do my scotch ale because I haven't been able to test my AG equipment. But I will brew a honey ale kit from MoreBeer and bottle my dry Irish stout!

For National Homebrew Day I am writing the last research paper of my Master's degree! The brewing will have to wait a week or so. My father in law and I are going to brew something to celebrate graduation, not sure what. I want to do a big beer that will age well so we can do vertical tastings every year.

Bourbon barrel aged barleywine, do it! If its going to be a big beer you're going to save for years, get a barrel and age that sucker! That's just my opinion.

After 3 batches over this last weekend, doing a 4th next weekend. 5 gallons of Smoked Porter. Gets split in to separate 1 gallon secondaries, each with different chili peppers (jalapeno, serrano, habanero, bhut, and then all four combined).

That sounds badass. Keep me updated!

Brewed my first beer today. NB Dead Ringer IPA. Pretty stoked. Luckily I have some of Edwort's Apfelwein to keep my thirst quenched until this ready to bottle.
CameraAwesomePhoto1_zps91e35818.jpg

CameraAwesomePhoto2_zpsbbf66bf5.jpg

Disregard the temp it's at a steady 18.3 now. From what I hear 65-66f is a sweet spot for 1056.
CameraAwesomePhoto1_zpsc65c13e6.jpg

Happy Homebrew day guys.

Bourbon barrel aged barleywine, do it! If its going to be a big beer you're going to save for years, get a barrel and age that sucker! That's just my opinion.

Y'anna send me a barrel? =]
I plan to source a small barrel at some point...there are a few vineyards and whiskey distilleries around here that I'd like to check out now that I will reclaim my free time...FREEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!
It would be awesome to find a Brett foxed wine barrel and keep a rotation of Belgian styles going in it. Might do the same with a whiskey barrel and some bigger, darker beers...RIS, Baltic Porter, Barleywine, etc.

Brewed an IPA today (modification of Yooper's DFH 60 Minute IPA, but with 1.25 oz of Warrior and some Crystal 120 for colour), and made a 4.5L starter for an Oktoberfest I'm brewing tomorrow.

Well I was gonna brew an easy pale ale with a Star Wars theme since its may the 4th. But I got rained out. So hopefully if the weather holds I'm brewing something I call rebel scum pale ale in Sunday.

All done brewing, now we wait. I'm kinda of exited because I haven't had so many beers fermenting at once!

ForumRunner_20130504_212530.png

Brewed the More Fun Blonde Belgian Pale Ale recipe from the AHA website for Big Brew Day today. My second BIAB, all went well and only two points low on the 1.065 OG. :p

I actually brewed an oatmeal stout last night to try and get a buddy into brewing, I only had a 5gal carboy available.... ive been a nervous wreck the entire day waiting for the dreaded "boom" but... nothing happened... very lucky

Brewed 6.5 gal of a Orange Wheat today.....not a big fan of wheat beer, but its been hot, and its something the other half will drink... plus it was cheap so its wins all around.

Brewed a Scottish export this morning. Wound up a bit high on the og, but it should be fine. I went with the 120 min boil and reduced down a gallon of first runnings in another pot. Gave the wort a nice deep flavour. It's now bubbling away at 58*

I brewed a lemon-black pepper rye saison and an ordinary bitter today. Had two guests today who I introduced to the home brewing process. It was great. Hit all my numbers, made meatballs during the mash... Put the kids to bed during the second mash... Finished and cleaned up before SWMBO got home.

Teaching my BILs to brew AG today with a small batch of ESB. Should be a ton of fun! I filled a growler of Simcoe pale ale from the keg before heading to work for the overnight, so we'll have some good beer to drink too.

Finally did the Midwest Hanks Hefe I ordered a while back. OG is perfect at 1.052 and it is in the keezer/ferm chamber now. Next on desk is an Austin Mai Bock. Gotta get room in the ferm chamber first though....

Wheelchair Bob

Brewed a 1 gallon AG oatmeal stout yesterday. Underestimated my boil off rate, so I started the boil with two gallons and ended up with a little less than three quarts, so I added enough water to bring it up to a gallon. I think that's why my OG was 1.040 instead of the kit estimated 1.052. Pitched yeast and now the bathroom -- er, fermentation room -- smells like bread. We'll see how it goes.

Mashing in a Prohibition Lager right now. It's going to be a great day to brew. A dry front came in last night and the temp is sitting at a wonderful 60 degrees and 30% humidity. We just do not get days like this down here to often. Usually by now it is blistering hot. Will be working on my hop garden and brewing. Day couldn't get any better!

Got rained out two days in a row with a flood advisory, so no Nut in your Brown Eye Brown Ale this weekend. Was able to bottle up my IIPA and my PA though!

Bottled my version of Boulevards Tank 7, and heating water for an imperial coffee milk stout

Back