ring - er film something like that

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhead

Reaction score
100_0980.JPG

i've had a few "rings around the bottle" mostly mine are consistant with stouts and porters. and no big - they have all turned out great.

this is another porter. and this is more like a film than anything. - i have sampled one or two - and though green and young - there are no horrible tastes in fact it seems to show promise in the taste dept. so i'm pretty darn sure it's not an infection.

my sanatation process has been the same - everything seems to have been followed with due diligence.

would this scare you?

It would scare me if the bottle were empty and I had none left.

I think many people would notice a little residue in their bottles if not for their usually dark color. My understanding is that (much like in the secondary) yeasts and proteins stick to just about anything, including the side of a bottle/glass. I wouldn't get too concerned unless it starts to turn colors other than that translucent whitish stuff. If it looks like beer, smells like beer, and tastes like beer then grab one before everyone else drinks it.

Back