bubbles in my beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfman

Reaction score
In the beer out line on one of my kegs bubbles keep forming, what could this be from? Everything seems sealed up ok.

It's happened to me, caused by the co2 coming out of solution. It can cause excessive foaming, so it's probably something you want to correct. Basically it happens for any combination of these 3 reasons:

1. Beer is warm. Could be a line placement issue, could just be a warm keg.
2. Beer is agitated.
3. Inadequate head pressure set for the amount of dissolved co2 in beer.

Simple fix is to bleed off the head pressure, set the regulator where you want it, and leave it on the gas and in the fridge for a couple days.

In the beer out line on one of my kegs bubbles keep forming, what could this be from? Everything seems sealed up ok.

I had the exact same problem on one of my corny kegs....you could see bubbles in the beer line....the result was over carbonation. I guess the gauge was inaccurate. So I lowed the pressure in the line, disconnected the keg, shook the keg, released the co2, repeat the shake method and all was well.

Zack is dead-on. I currently have an over-carb'd bitter. Keep the keg cold, keep venting over several days. It''l come back in about a week.

I am patient, though!

Latest posts

Back