Warning: Do Not Brew Without Shoes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan

Reaction score
Especially if you leave wet bottles in a cardboard 6-pack carrier and then try to pick it up...

Stitches and tetanus shots advised

0223080133te0.jpg

same thing happened to me only I dropped a wet 6.5 gal carboy on my feet, live an learn

I see pictures of people on this web brewing in shorts and sandals which is crazy! It only takes 1 time to get a very serious injury. I worked for 35+ years as a machinist toolmaker and still have all my fingers. Some who worked with me do not. I never took chances with my safety.

WBC said:
I see pictures of people on this web brewing in shorts and sandals which is crazy! It only takes 1 time to get a very serious injury. I worked for 35+ years as a machinist toolmaker and still have all my fingers. Some who worked with me do not. I never took chances with my safety.

Yeah but you don't drink homebrew in your bare feet whilst doing it do you? :D

I am always going to have a scar on my knee from when a boiling hot keggle touched it as I was trying to lift it off a burner. I was wearing shorts. Pain for days!

I brew in shorts all the time during the summer, but never without shoes. Dude that sucks, but it could have been much worse so I guess a valuable lesson was learned for a relatively cheap price...

Sorry about the injuries. Thats some serious wounds in the name of brewing. On a lighter note, I couldn't help noticing the IU avatar and that you're from Bloomington. Its now making more sense why someone would brew without shoes. ha ha. (Sorry, it was too easy!)

Go BOILERS!!

Well the problem is I lost my first shoe back during football season when we put it up your team's ass. And wouldn't you know it I havn't seen my second one since the IU-Purdue basketball game a few weeks back...

:D

Logan said:
Well the problem is I lost my first shoe back during football season when we put it up your team's ass. And wouldn't you know it I havn't seen my second one since the IU-Purdue basketball game a few weeks back...

:D

In case you were wondering...

Current AP rankings

15. Purdue 23-6 779
16. Vanderbilt 24-5 658
17. Michigan State 23-6 657
18. Indiana 24-5 646

Ummm...go Vanderbilt? Hehe.

I brewed yesterday and the first thing I did after coming home from lunch is swap my flip-flops for shoes.

idkid said:
In case you were wondering...

Current AP rankings

15. Purdue 23-6 779
16. Vanderbilt 24-5 658
17. Michigan State 23-6 657
18. Indiana 24-5 646

Still missin' my shoes..

I was washing bottles the other day and figured that since I was spending so much time standing up over the sink cleaning the darn bottles is was a good idea to get some shoes on to not have foot aches. Now I see how else it can help!

Back